Clinical Officer (x 4)Source The guardian
MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT FOR HEALTH
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non for profit Tanzanian organization that focuses primarily on making contribution to the nation in addressing public health priorities through evidence based interventions, education and research. Management and Development for Health (MDH) supports the Government of Tanzania through the municipal councils of lIala,Temeke.and Kinondoni in implementation of the program on HIV/AIDS Care and Treatment and monitoring of people living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA).
MDH seeks to employ Clinicians and Pharmacists on behalf of Municipal councils of Dar es Salaam as follows:
Job Title: Medical Officer (2)/Assistant Medical Officer (18)/Clinical Officer (4)
Reports To: Site Manager
Perform the task as Clinician for the HIV/AIDS Clinic under the supervision of this. Site Manager
Qualification and work experience:
The Clinician should be a holder of Diploma" Advance Diploma and/or Bachelor in Clinical
Medicine from a recognized institution; he/she should have an experience of at least 3 years in the field of expertise.'
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Providing clinical care to HIV patients in the Clinic including:
• Management of Opportunistic Infections
• Staging of HIV patients for Antiretroviral Therapy (ART) eligibility Initiating patients on ART Managing complications of ART
Initiation and monitoring of post-Exposure Prophylaxis
2. Providing consultation to HlV-positive patients on the wards as 'requested
3. Maintaining accurate medical records and other data collection as required' for Monitoring and evaluation within the Clinic
4. Participating in Clinic Team Meetings and assisting the site manager with strategic planning for the Clinic
5. Doing any other duty as assigned by the site manager. Reports To: Site Manager
Interested candidates should submit their application letters, CVs, Certified photocopies of certificates and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of two references.
Applications should be submitted by 22nd February, 2016 to the HR Manager, MDH through APPLY NOW below or through P.O. Box 79810 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.