MONITORING & EVALUATION OFFICER
With a mission to restore health and healing to those most in need, IMA World Health is a non-profit, faith-based organization that offers extensive expertise in health systems strengthening as well as neglected tropical diseases, malaria, HIV, non-communicable diseases, and sexual and gender based violence programs in some of the most challenging and post-conflict settings throughout Africa, Asia, and the Caribbean.
IMA World Health in partnership with Nutrition in Tanzania (PANITA) and Development Media International (DMI) will be implementing a five year program (from 2015 to 2019/2020) for Addressing Stunting in Tanzania Early (ASTUTE), to improve early childhood development and reduce the prevalence of stunting (low height for age) among Tanzanian children under 5 years old with focus on the first 1000 days of life from conception.
The anticipated DFID-funded project in Tanzania will be implemented in 5 regions of Kagera, Mwanza, Shinyanga, Geita and Kigoma in collaboration with Local Government Authorities and other multi sectoral stakeholders to support the National nutrition Strategy and will look, specifically to 1) support interventions to build knowledge, change attitudes, strengthen practice and expand services 2) retrain health facility and community level resource persons to ensure community engagement 3) deliver overall nutrition components and build the capacity of DNuOs and District trainers 4) build capacity for planning, programming, budgeting and financial management to sustainably address stunting.
We are searching for an M&E officer, based in Mwanza Region, the M&E Officer shall become acquainted with ASTUTE’s field activities and indicators to be monitored throughout the life of the program. The M&E Officer will assist the M&E Specialist in data collection, analysis, interpretation and reporting activities and ensure efficiency and timely achievement of program targets.
S/he will provide technical expertise and support to field team on M&E targets within the program. The M&E Officer will work closely with Program teams including nutrition and BCC officers and other multi-sectoral stakeholders to support capacity building initiatives in M&E, and facilitate the collection of quality data under the supervision of the M&E Advisor.
· Support all M&E initiatives for ASTUTE in the implementation districts including monitoring data quality, tracking the progress of activities, and contributing to staff capacity building initiatives on M&E as necessary.
· Support the M&E Specialist in creating a framework and procedures for the monitoring and evaluation of program activities.
· Support the M&E Specialist in defining and implementing the key project performance indicators (KPI) as well as monitoring them throughout the duration of the projects.
· Assist the M&E Specialist in proposing strategies to increase data quality, use and demand.
· Assist project staff and the M&E Specialist in clarifying ASTUTE project information needs.
· Support project staff on ways to properly document, organize and capture program progress against project indicators identified in the M&E log frame.
· Draft tools and their revisions as well as data collection procedures under the supervision of the M&E Advisor (eg. logical framework, project performance tracking, indicators, data flow chart, M&E manuals).
· Implement data quality assessments throughout the project, identifying strengths and weaknesses of data collection and reporting on the project.
Specific Skills Required
· Strong track record of designing, implementing and analyzing qualitative and quantitative research, demonstrating ability to employ a range of different and innovative methodologies.
· Experience designing and implementing M&E training activities.
· Experience in the development of project log-frames, particularly for DFID funded projects.
· Experience in training and coordinating a mix of implementing partners and community workers for data collection and analysis.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
· Bachelor's Degree in monitoring and evaluation, nutrition, research methodology, Public Health or a related field.
· Minimum of three years of professional experience in implementing and/or monitoring and evaluating health and nutrition programs in developing countries, particularly in Tanzania, or in similar socio-economic environments. Prior experience on DFID activities strongly preferred.
FT position with excellent benefits. EOE. Please apply online through the IMA Careers Page of our website: www.imaworldhealth.org by 24 March 2016.