Senior Manager ProcurementFrom Daily News, 26th Feb 2016
TANZANIA ELECTRIC SUPPLY COMPANY LIMITED EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
NTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
Background - TANESCO
The Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO) is focusing on increasing the outreach and service quality of its Energy products for Tanzanian people. Next to its current passion as a leading provider of electricity, is to be more efficient customer focused utility for Tanzania and beyond. The Company has the largest electricity generation, transmission and distribution network in Tanzania. In order to reach its goals, the Company will, in the coming years III invest heavily in its generation, transmission and distribution network, its business systems and human capital. TANESCO now invites applicants who are self-motivated, honest, hardworking and committed individuals to fill top management positions in the Company. Women are encouraged to apply.
Specific attributes for the Position to be filled:
The required candidate must:
• Demonstrate impeccable performance track record;
• Demonstrate highest degree of integrity;
• Possess good communication and interpersonal skills;
• Possess leadership, project management, problem solving, negotiation, research and analytical skills.
• Be capable of delivering excellent results while working under pressure with tight deadlines;
• Possess knowledge and competency in Information and Communication Technology (lCT) application.
Position: SENIOR MANAGE'R PROCUREMENT
Reporting to: Managing Director
Lead and manage the implementation of the approved Company's procurement and disposal plans.
1. Prepare and manage the annual procurement plan of the Company taking into account the needs and resources.
2. Manage and facilitate the entire procurement process as well as and disposal by tender activities of the Company.
3. Act as a secretary to the Tender Board, and ensure proper functioning of the Tender Board and coordinate the implementation of its decisions.
4. Keep records on all procurement and disposal by tender processes including maintaining a register of all contracts awarded.
5. Manage key supplier relationship to deliver performance in cost saving and quality including technical input for negotiation on strategically significant contracts.
6. Manage and maintain good business relationship with Service providers, contractors and other procurement stake holders within procurement legal frame work of the country to ensure optimal performance including provision of technical inputs to negotiation in strategic contracts.
7. Ensure compliance with the Public Procurement Act and its regulations.
8. Advice the Management on all issues related to procurement and disposal by tender activities of the company in compliance with the requirements prescribed under the Public Procurement Act and its regulations including any guidelines issued by PPRA from time to time.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's Degree in Procurement/ Commerce /Finance / Engineering
• Master's Degree in related field
• Holder of a recognized professional certification by PSPTB
• 8 years of working experience (3 years in a senior position)
Contract of three (3) years - renewable based on performance.
Attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Applicants should submit a detailed application letter, clearly stating why you should be considered for the position, and how you will add value, a detailed curriculum vitae, and copies of certificates you wish to use in supporting j your applications, three referees and two (2) passport size photographs to the address shown below.
Deadline for receiving applications is 10th March, 2016
Applicants must clearly show their complete address including mobile telephone numbers and email addresses.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
TANESCO LTD UMEME PARK,
UBUNGO P.O BOX 9024, DAR ES SALAAM.