The International Rescue Committee (IRC) IRC Tanzania is present in the Kigoma Region, Northwestern Tanzania, providing services to refugees and host communities. Approximately 155,000 refugees, the vast majority from Burundi and Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) receive protection and basic assistance in the areas of Child and Youth Protection and Development, Community Based Rehabilitation for persons with disabilities and special needs, and Gender Based Violence / Women’s Protection and Empowerment (WPE). In addition, IRC also does child protection work in the host communities surrounding the camps, in Tanga region and in Dar es Salaam.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) seeks to recruit qualified, energetic and committed candidate for the post of Education Data Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
a) Prepare complete and high quality reports ensuring quality data from school are effectively tracking
b) Conducting school monitoring visits and ensures all data are collected and ensure the use of data collection tools.
c) Develop and maintain a system for archiving projects M&E guidelines, tools, data files, analysis files and reports
d) Ensure that all data collected in school obeys quality standard for education program
e) Entering data in Education database and providing quality reports weekly and monthly.
f) Ensure that key indicators are tracked on a consistent basis and in consistent manner across education units
g) Conducting data Verification in across education unit
h) Work closely with education officer in developing school distribution plan and reports in school
i) Ensure good management of scholastic materials in education store and effective tracking of all materials distributed from the store
j) Ensure data cleaning in Education database and quality of information provided from database
k) Prepare one page summaries describing each education unit key activities, outcomes and impacts
l) Work close with school inspectors and education officers and ensure that school inspectors are using right monitoring tools to monitor the quality of education provided in school.
m) Work with M&E Manager in conducting education assessments as well as indentifying gaps in education program.
n) Establish and enforce quality standards and processes for data and information generated from the Education program
o) Document and share case stories, lessons learnt across education program.
Other Program duties
§ Assists project staff in identification of items needed for IRC activities in Kasulu and Kibondo
§ Monitor security issues at the field of work and report to the Program Coordinator/Logistics Coordinator
§ Assist with the development of budgets/proposals in collaboration with other senior staff.
§ Attend and participate in trainings identified/organized by the supervisor.
§ Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from Country Director.
§ Report any violations of IRC’s three core values (Integrity, Service and Accountability) as per IRC WAY reporting mechanism. The reporting of violations is an obligation on the part of all staff members.
§ Assist where necessary in undertaking activities that aim to prevent the occurrence of sexual abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries by IRC and other humanitarian workers.
§ Perform other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
· University degree in relevant field such as Statistics, Economics, and Development Studies, Business/Public Administration and/or other related social science field.
· Significant field experience in project monitoring and evaluation at least 3 years experience in at least one (preferably more than one) of the following areas: Project Monitoring and Evaluation System Design, Management of Monitoring Systems, Project Evaluation.
· Experience coaching and training staff, including design of short training sessions.
· Proven experience in data reporting to donors
· Proven experience in creating data collection tools
· Excellent communication and analytical skills.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks; proven self-initiative and problem solving abilities.
· Team player, with good personal and management skills.
· Computer skills, including Word, Excel, Power-Point, and Access.
· Ability to work independently, but enlist the support and decision management.
· Ability to work as part of a team that shares the common goal of preventing violence against women and children.
· Willingness to comply with the organization’s child safeguarding policy and code of conduct.
· Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets
How to apply:
Applications for the position must include:
i. A cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements.
ii. Detailed curriculum vitae showing contact address, email, and day-time mobile phone number(s) and three (3) referees, ONE being your last employer.
iii. ONLY copies of academic and professional certificates.
Applications will be considered valid if sent/received before 1700hrs Saturday, January 29th, 2016. Please note that only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Send your application to TZ-Recruitment@rescue.org
IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability. IRC is an equal opportunity employer.