To prepare taxpayers records and daily collection reports; issue tax returns, process returns and assessments into the system, assist in collecting and enforcement of Government taxes and fee in accordance with applicable tax laws
Key Responsibilities will include
- Process application for new taxpayers’ registration and facilitate issuance of Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN).
- Prepare reports on non-filers/nil-filers/late filers/repayment filers and for superior management.
- Prepare and update tax assessments control records such as tax assessments levels, assessments in arrears and jeopardy cases.
- Prepare tax returns, assessments and revenue collection reports.
- Process non-account cases returns including withholding tax statements.
- Trace missing taxpayers’ files and link mails and returns in taxpayers’ folders.
- Prepare tax clearance certificates, registration of Motor Vehicles, issuance of Motor Vehicle annual licenses, issuance and renewal of drivers’ licenses.
- Manage objections and appeals controls such as Registers and Tax Stand over Orders.
- Gather and file tax information.
- Assist in conducting physical and compliance surveillance surveys
- Prepare cases for enforcement activities.
- Perform other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Key qualifications, experience and competencies
- Diploma in Taxation or Finance or Accountancy or Business Administration or its equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution.
- Certificate in Taxation is added advantage.
Not above twenty five (25) years of age by the time of job application deadline.
- Interview for the positions of Tax Assistant, Customs Assistant and Preventive Assistant will be held on same day and time therefore applicants are advised to apply for one job position only. In the event the applicant decides to apply for more than one job position Management will reserve the right to shortlist the candidate for one position without consultation.
- Applicants MUST be ready to work anywhere in the United Republic of Tanzania.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidates.
The application should be submitted online by 17th February, 2016. Applicants who will not be contacted should regard themselves unsuccessful.
COMPLETING THE APPLICATION FORM
All applicants are required to properly fill in the application form provided in the system. Please be informed that shortlisting is a machinery process done through the Human resources Information System. Failure to fill in all the fields properly may lead to disqualification.
For assistance on how to fill in the Job Application Form please make use of on line “HELP” available under the Application Form or dial TRA Call Centre Tel: 0800110016 (TTCL & Vodacom), 0786 800000 (AIRTEL) , 0713800333 (TIGO) from 0800 to 1700 Hours Monday to Friday. These are Toll free numbers.