From The Daily News, 11th Feb 2016
Tanzania Red Cross Society, a charitable humanitarian organization established by an Act of Parliament No. 71 of 1962 and her partner Spanish Red Cross are recruiting qualified and experienced persons to fill the following vacant positions in Moshi and Kimanjaro Districts of Kilimanjaro and Manyara regions respectively ..
FOOD SECURITY AND LIVELIHOODS PROJECT IN KILIMANJARO REGION.
(KILIMANJARO VANILLA PROJECT)
Two (2) Assistant Agronomists - Moshi and Simanjiro Districts
Reports to : Project Manager
Qualifications: Diploma In Agriculture Education and Extension
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist and advice the Project Manager/Spanish Red Cross Delegate on the best extension practices which have a high crop yield.
2. Monitoring of the agricultural plots in the fields and vegetable gardens.
3. Prepare list of households targeted to receive agricultural inputs: seeds, fertilizers and farm tools.
4. Prepare suitable materials (in collaboration with Agricultural officers), training venue and mobilize targeted population for training
seminars: agro ecology, livestock, water committees, health issues (sanitation), horticulture, incomes generating activities, agriculture
adapted to climate change, vanilla production, vanilla processing and reproduction techniques of vanilla plants in nursery.
5. Prepare Purchase Requestors according to the procurement manual ofTanzania Red Cross.
6. Cooperate and promote a working relationship with Agricultural, Irrigation and Cooperatives (DNCO) Extension officers working in
the villages, Livestock Department Water Department, Health and Nutrition Department and others Authorities at Regional level.
7. Assist in construction works of dams, latrines, buildings and storages and related activities.
8. Collect data field to evaluate indicators of verifiable objectives.
9. Participate In the running of Farmer Field School (FFS) and maintaining a high level of involvement In all trainings for targeting communities.
10. Reports to Project Manager the state of the cultivated crops and stock units, progress and any disease outbreak,
11. Prepare reports at the end of the month and year with ability to use computer software packages: Word, Excel. Access. Internet
12. Perform any other duties assigned by his/her seniors from time to time.
Application letters should be accompanied with detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant certificates, two names of referees, place of residence, telephone numbers and email address. Application letters should be submitted to:
The Secretary General,
Tanzania Red Cross Society,
P.O. Box 1133,
DAR ES SALAAM
Deadline for submission: 19 February 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be informed