MTL CONSULTING COMPANY LIMITED
MTL CONSULTING COMPANY Ltd (MTL) is a consulting firm specializing in mining, oil & gas and environmental management. It is based in Oar es Salaam, Tanzania with operations in other East African countries.
The company is on a growth path and is seeking to recruit qualified, dynamic and experienced experts to fill the following vacant positions:
This is a management level position and requires a well-qualified, experienced and skilled team leader. The incumbent will head the Environment Department and report to the Managing Director. He/she will be responsible for planning, supervision and implementation of all Environment Projects (ESIAs, Audits, Monitoring, etc.). Specific
key responsibilities include:- .
• Development and preparation of project proposals in collaboration with the Projects Manager
• Planning and supervision of field work;
• Coordinating laboratory analysis of samples;
• Writing project reports; and
• Managing staff reporting to him/her (Environmental Engineers/Scientists, Sociologists, Technicians, etc.).
Key Qualifications, Experience and Competences:-
• A PhD or M.Sc. in Environmental Sciences/Engineering with additional training in Mining, Mineral Exploration or Petroleum Exploration and Development; or a PhD or M.Sc. in Mining Engineering or Geology with additional training in Environmental Sciences/Engineering;
• At least 5 years post-graduation working experience in the extractive industry (mining, mineral exploration or petroleum exploration/development);
• Knowledge and experience in conducting ESIAs, Environmental Audits or Environmental Monitoring for large Scale projects;
• Demonstrable report writing and communication skills in English; and
• Fully computer literate.
All applicants for the above posts should be prepared, ready and willing to work under pressure to meet deadlines including working during weekends and public holidays. The positions are available on a 3year renewable contract. An attractive salary and bonus based on performance will be negotiated with successful applicants.
Applicants are requested to submit their applications with detailed CVs and copies of certificates including names of at least two referees
By email towmutagwaba@mtJconsulting-tz.com and email@example.com.
Deadline for application is 14 days from first appearance of this advertisement in the media.