REPORTS TO: PROJECT MANAGER
DUTY STATION: ARUSHA, DODOMA ZANZIBAR.
EngenderHealth is a leading global women’s health organization committed to ensuring that every pregnancy is planned, every child is wanted, and every mother has the best chance at survival. In 20 countries around the world, we train health care professionals and partner with governments and communities to make high-quality family planning and sexual and reproductive health services available—today and for generations to come.
EngenderHealth Tanzania was awarded a three years project by a Large Anonymous Donor to increase access to quality post-abortion care (PAC) and Family Planning Services in Arusha, Dodoma and Zanzibar. In close collaboration with other partners the project aims at expanding access to quality Post-abortion care with emphasize on long-acting reversible contraception and permanent methods (LARC/PMs). EngenderHealth is now seeking applications from highly qualified Tanzanian candidates to fill in the following position of Program Officers based in Arusha, Dodoma and Zanzibar. These positions are open for Tanzania national candidates only.
Scope of position:
The Program Officer is responsible for providing support and technical assistance to the Ministry of Health, Community development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCGEC) service providers in integrating family planning services, with a focus on LAPRC and PMs into post-abortion care (PAC) services. H/she will be responsible for providing technical assistance to EngenderHealth’s Operationalizing Family Planning within Post Abortion Care. The program officer will also represent EH Tanzania at district and regional FP/PAC meetings and conferences.
The program officer will work with the project Manager in the Field Office to develop strategies and activities to implement program activities. He/she will provide technical programmatic assistance for improving and expanding facility and community based FP/PAC activities, and to identify strategies of improving linkages and referrals to higher health facilities. He/she will work closely with the districts, other team members and MOHCGEC counterparts and other Implementing partners to ensure consistent application of national family planning and post-abortion care guidelines. H/she will promote and assist in the integration of FP and PAC interventions with a focus to increase uptake of LARC among PAC clients.
- Advanced diploma clinical medicine (AMO) with 3- 5 years of work experience or Registered Nurse Midwife or Clinical Officer with 5 years of work experience in Post-abortion care and Family Planning services.
- Proven experience in building capacity of clinical and non-clinical health providers and community-based health workers in maternal and child health care, FP/PAC integration, post-abortion family planning with a focus LARCs.
- Experience with community-based health care provision and promotion
- Familiarity with MOHCGEC and private-public partnership structures
- Strong personal and professional commitment toFamily Planning and PAC
- Demonstrated ability to supervise service delivery, demand creation, and capacity building interventions’
- Proven skills and experience in the integration of male involvement in health services
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Computer skills and fluent in English and Swahili.TO APPLYPlease visit the careers page at www.engenderhealth.org to submit your application online by 14th February 2016. Please include the region of preference; details of your salary requirements and salary history.
EngenderHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, creed, ancestry, citizenship, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, political belief, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, marital status or disability or any other protected characteristic under applicable federal, state and local laws.Program Officer; Arusha, Dodoma & Zanzibar