Position: Communication Officer – with Stipend
Duty Station: Arusha, Tanzania
The School of St Jude is a charity funded school that provides a FREE, high-quality education to over 1,850 primary and secondary children from the poorest communities in Arusha.
We are seeking a creative energetic individual to fill the position above based in Arusha, Tanzania at the School of St Jude.
Responsible for communicating and updating both current supporters of the school as well as potential supporters
- Setting up communication plans so that sponsors and donors are updated.
· Maintaining accurate database records in respect to what has been communicated with supporters
· Constantly reviewing communication and investigate ways to improve quality and supporter engagement potential.
· Update all business and academic leaders on any post form 6 initiatives and write brief reports for the boards of the school.
· Work with other staff within the office also working towards raising funds for the near 1900 students within the school currently receiving a free education due to fundraising efforts within the office
- Ability to prepare documents that could be used as templates for many recipients.
· To perform any other duties as requested by Manager/Founder
Skills and Competence:
- Strong creative writing skills
- Great team player
- Energetic, consistent and dedicated personality
- Good Publisher, Adobe and Word skills
- Excellent written English skills
- Must have a good grasp of written English and able to write in a friendly, informal, warm and engaging house style
- Detail orientated
- Flexible and able to adapt to diverse briefs.
- Organisational skills
A minimum commitment of 24 months is expected.
International applicants receive a comfortable monthly living allowance, which is enough to live on but not enough to fund travel around Africa. For further information regarding volunteering at The School of St Jude please visit our website http://www.schoolofstjude.org/join-us/volunteer.html
There is a monthly stipend given of $ 450 USD plus basic accommodation onsite.
Interested Candidates for this job are kindly requested to send their CV accompanied by a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. THE SUBJECT LINE MUST BE THE JOB REFERENCE NUMBER.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED!