Driver POSITION DESCRIPTION:Source: Daily Mail, 3rd September,2015
PCI is a non-profit organization dedicated to preventing disease, improving 'community health, and promoting sustainable development worldwide. With support from United States Department of
Agriculture (USDA), PCI Tanzania is implementing Food for Education Project (FFE), Research study of new sorghum-based fortified blended foodsin theMara region as well as Satellite Assisted Pastoral Resource Management (SAPARM) pilot program in northern Tanzania.
PCI is now announcing a position of Driver based in Musoma
To drive PCI Vehicles in Town and to the Field Project sites while strictly observing Local Laws and PCI Policy and Regulations relative to the use of the PCI Vehicles. To facilitate planned maintenance, routine service and minor repairs to the assigned Vehicle.
1. Manage and drive PCI Vehicles to which s/he is assigned in accordance with Local Laws and PCI Policy relative to the use of the PCI vehicles and as specified by Supervisor
2. Ensure safety of passengers while in Vehicle
3. Inspect the vehicle before and after a journey to ensure that it is in a good condition in order to minimize wear and tear of the vehicle.
5. Prepare and submit timely Vehicle Performance Reports after each journey
6. Ensure that all vehicle movements are recorded in the vehicle Logsheets
7. Ensure that the Vehicle is used for authorized purposes only
8. Perform maintenance and minor repairs of the PCI vehicles
9. Identify vehicle faults and promptly report to the supervisor and to advise the Supervisor on appropriate repairs and services
10. Schedule regular Vehicle inspection and servicing strictly according to manufacturer's recommendations or better .
10. To verify records of all work done on each vehicle and on the respective job cards
11. In collaboration with Administrative Associate assist them on request motor Vehicle (road) license when expire .
12. To carry out any other Office activities as assigned by Supervisor including errands to the Banks, the airport, the Post Office, etc.
Qualifications and Experience
• Secondary School Education Level
• Advanced Driver's Certificate Grade Two from the National Institute of Transport (NIT) or Vocational
• Education Training Authority (VETA)
• Advanced Driver's Certificate Grade One from the National Institute of Transport (NIT) or Vocational
• Education Training Authority (VETA) as an added advantage
• Certificate of Motor Vehicle Mechanics Grade II as an added advantage
• Valid and accident-free Class C Tanzania Driver's License
• Ability to speak and write in both English and Kiswahili
• At least three years' work experience in Vehicle Driving and Mechanics With other International NGOs or similar Organizations
• Previous experience of working with US Government funded Projects, especially through USDA or USAID is an added advantage.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:Apply via APPLY NOW button below
Or visit our website at www.pciglobal.org and click on the “Careers” link under the About Us tab. This will take you to PCI's Career Portal. Click on the employment opportunities tab and then click on Search Current Openings to find and apply for this open position with PCI Tanzania.
A first review of candidates will happen after Wednesday September 9,2015
PCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Only Successful Candidate will be contacted
Read more .
TUMA MAOMBI KUPITIA...........
For All Jobs In Tanzania 2015 Please Visit Kazihome Blog