The Senior Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager will provide leadership and guidance to the ICAP-Tanzania M&E team, and assume overall responsibility for M&E technical assistance to the Ministry of Health and Regional Health Management Teams (RHMTs). The Senior M&E Manager will be responsible for all aspects of M&E of program activities, including routine data collection, data quality assurance, analysis and reporting. The Senior M&E Manager, in collaboration with M&E, program and technical staff, will lead the design and implementation of M&E activities for program performance evaluation and continuous quality improvement of interventions and outcomes. The Senior M&E Manager will also be responsible for documenting and disseminating program successes and challenges to the United States (US) Government. The Senior M&E Manager will liaise closely with the ICAP-New York Strategic Information (SI) Unit and other technical and programmatic staff in New York.
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Note: This position is contingent upon project award and funding.
The Senior M&E Manager will assume the following responsibilities:
- Facilitate and provide leadership to ensure effective design, review, and implementation of the project’s Performance Measurement Plan, including the development of project outputs, performance indicators, and targets, in line withPEPFAR indicators and reporting.
- Design and oversee the implementation of M&E systems to ensure timely collection, management, and dissemination of data for reporting progress towards the project’s objectives.
- Provide overall guidance to the MOH and RHMTs in the development and implementation of district-level M&E plans, including quality improvement plans.
- Provide technical assistance to MOH and to health care facilities on M&E for HIV care and treatment services, including development or revision of materials such as patient files, registers, and data management systems.
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures for data collection, management and reporting.
- Lead M&E team in provision of mentorship and training to RHMTs, health facilities and other service delivery points in data collection, reporting, data quality assurance, evaluation, and the use of data among health professionals.
- Conduct routine field visits to RHMTs and facilities to ensure progress and quality of M&E project activities.
- Establish data quality assurance activities to ensure timeliness and accuracy of data.
- Ensure that routinely collected data summaries are available in a timely manner and in a user-friendly format for regular use by the Chief of Party and members of the technical team for program review and planning
- Ensure efficient systems are in place for project staff to collect and compile relevant information for routine project reports and other special reports.
- In coordination with the Chief of Party, program and technical staff, prepare consolidated reports for dissemination that include concise narratives and relevant tables and/or graphs to meet reporting requirements for US government and other stakeholders
- Ensure that robust electronic systems are in place to manage and use aggregate level M&E data.
- Develop, implement and analyze targeted evaluations as needed with the M&E team.
- Promote and support data use and dissemination of project information among project staff.
- Ensure regular M&E-related coordination with NY SI Unit
- Carry out other duties and special assignments, as requested
- Advanced degree in epidemiology, biostatistics, public health, international health, or related discipline
Experience, Skills, and Minimum Qualifications
- At least 10 years of experience in leading complex, high-quality M&E programs in international settings
- Strong data management and analysis skills
- Expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, health management information systems, data quality assurance, and reporting
- Experience building Ministry of Health capacity in M&E
- Experience working with US Government or other bi-lateral donors, and with senior government officials
- Experience working in HIV/AIDS field in sub-Saharan Africa, particularly Tanzania, strongly preferred
- Strong familiarity with US Government reporting requirements, including PEPFAR indicators
- Good written and verbal communications skills in English; ability to interact professionally in English
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates should send their applications, including a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and cover letter to: email@example.com.
Please include position title “Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Manager” in the subject line. Do NOT attach any certificates. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NOTE: The successful candidate will be an employee of ICAP in Tanzania and subject to the local terms and conditions of employment which includes a competitive salary and benefits package.
Columbia University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, gender, religion, creed, national and ethnic origin, age, citizenship, status as a perceived or actual victim of domestic violence, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, status as a Vietnam era or disabled veteran, or any other legally protected status.