Winrock International is recruiting for the position ofMonitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Coordinator for a multi-year program to combat child labor in tobacco-growing communities through education, awareness, and economic empowerment. The program is based in Tabora, Tanzania and is funded by Japan Tobacco International. Verbal and written fluency in English is required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop a system for monitoring program impacts, outcomes, and activities including the creation of a database, monitoring tools, etc.;
· Lead in conducting program-related surveys as needed;
· Train local community activists, child labor monitoring committees, and other stakeholders on child labor monitoring and the use of data collection tools;
· Track the performance and attendance of youth beneficiaries in the afterschool program and Model Farm School;
· Evaluate the economic conditions of beneficiary mothers and track mothers’ business progress;
· Document case studies and contribute monitoring and evaluation information to quarterly and annual reports;
· In coordination with the program director, design and facilitate any needed M&E training/capacity building for Winrock and/or subcontractor staff.
· Working with outside evaluators as necessary.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Higher education in social sciences or related field and/or specialized training/certification in monitoring and evaluation. Master’s degree preferred but Bachelor’s degree is acceptable.
· Knowledge of/experience with child labor/child protection programs preferred.
· At least five years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation of international development projects.
· Strong ability to create and use tools in Excel and Access for M&E is highly desirable. Knowledge of STATA, SPSS and other programs a plus.
To apply, please send a current resume, a cover letter and salary expectations to email@example.com. The subject of the email should reference “Winrock Tanzania M&E Coordinator Application.” Tanzanian nationals living in Tanzania are strongly encouraged to apply. Applications should be submitted by February 12, 2016.