Expansion Manager/ Junior Director
Based in Mbeya
We are an international NGO with a strong footprint in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, and Tanzania: In these countries our 3,000+ strong staff serves over 200,000 smallholding farmers and helps them to grow their way out of hunger and poverty.
One Acre Fund is a rapidly growing organization; increasing the number of sub-locations, districts, and members we serve in each year. We are expanding to serve the farmers in Mbeya region and are looking for long term commitments to join our leadership team.
Expansion Manager/Junior Director will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Expanding One Acre Fund’s operations in Mbeya Region o Scouting new villages o Engaging government officials o Hiring, developing and training new staff
• Leading weekly meetings and training sessions for Field Officers
• Participating in high-level planning and vision meetings with field leadership team Bringing life-changing inputs and credit to 4,000+ farmers in 2016.
If you have skills or experiences in these areas, please highlight them on your cover letter and resume.
Career Growth and Development: One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership capacity. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through weekly mentorship and regular career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings where we listen to and discuss career goals and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. This position in particular offers the opportunity to advance quickly into a leadership position.
We are seeking exceptional professionals with a strong background in leading and managing others and a demonstrated long-term passion for sustainable agricultural development in sub-Saharan Africa. We are looking for extraordinary candidates that are proactive; please only apply if you fit these criteria:
• Passionate about serving smallholder farmers
• Language: fluent in English and Kiswahili
• Demonstrated basic computer skills, including typing and email
• Energetic with the ability to move in the field for long periods
• Clear communicator in-person and on the phone
• Proactive problem solver
• Integrity and a positive attitude
• Demonstrates high-quality work with a strong attention to detail
FARMERS FIRST | www.oneacrefund.org
• Experience living and working in Mbeya region and willingness to live there for a longterm position
• Independent worker with strong ability to manage own schedule and tasks
• Comfortable and confident public speaker
Ability to work as part of a larger team Desired:
• Top-performing undergraduate degree in agriculture, community development, management, or other relevant field from a recognized University
• Leadership experience at work, or outside of work
• Previous experience managing a team or project
• Proven ability to set and meet targets on the job
Career development: Twice annual career reviews and constant feedback. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel motivated to work for One Acre Fund as the Expansion Manager/ Junior Director and if you fulfill our requirements for this role, we look forward to receiving your application by 5th February, 2016.
To apply, please click on this link
You will be prompted to a form that must be completed. At the end of the form you will have the opportunity to write a motivational letter and upload your CV.
Please Note: One Acre Fund will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
FARMERS FIRST | www.oneacrefund.org