Programme Officer – Business Linkages and Entrepreneurship
Programme Officer – Business Linkages and Entrepreneurship
Programme Team Leader
3 Year Renewable Contract
Dar-es-Salaam with frequent field travels
Purpose of the Job:
Establish and maintain business consortia of potato value chain actors and deliver results of the Calorie and Household Incomes from Potatoes Sub-sector (CHIPS) Project and ensure: a) Doubling of incomes from potatoes farming of SHFs or potatoes trading/processing Enterprises targeted by the CHIPS project in Tanzania.
b) Consistently delivering technical and financial results of the CHIPS project, efficiently beyond expectation of clients, for KT to be recognized as a world class brand in delivering value for money results and solutions.
c) High quality and continuous learning, internally at KT and by KT Stakeholders, from the results and lessons of KT’s work.
Ensure effective execution of the Calorie and Household Incomes from Potatoes Sub-sector (CHIPS) Project and timely achievement of project deliverables with respect to:
1) Develop and ensure implementation a detailed Annual Results Plan and Financial budget of CHIPS project with respect to project deliverables;
2) By June 2016 Mobilization has been completed for the targeted (20,000) SHFs, (1,500) small scale retailers and (13,500) Small scale vendors to form AMCOS and Small Retailers and Vendors Trading Associations (SRV-TA), that are capable of executing collective marketing & procurement of potato inputs and outputs;
3) Develop and implement Matching Grants guidelines based on the knowledge and experiences of on-going projects;
4) Support consortia to develop business plans and proposals in line with Matching Grant Guidelines developed – so that:
a) By June 2016, sub-projects for consortia covering at least 50% of the target beneficiaries have been launched
b) By October 2016, sub-projects for consortia covering at least 100% of the target beneficiaries have been launched.
1) Develop and implement strategy for formation, strengthening and maintaining of effective business consortia, AMCOS and Traders Associations for sub-project implementation;
2) Mentor and strengthen business consortia for continuous end-to-end market linkages to increase efficiency in trading of inputs and output markets;
3) Enhance capacity of AMCOS and SRV-TA for effective governance and management
of their associations;
4) Prepare training manuals to be used by consortium partners for relevant training on Good Agricultural Practices (GAP); Good Post Harvest Handling (GPHH) and better practices for ensuring food safety during potato processing and preparation;
5) Develop capacity of consortium partners to execute collective marketing & procurement among potato value chain actors;
6) Enhance linkages of consortium partners with financial institutions to access finance for capital investment.
Project Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning:
1) Establish ICT based Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) system and implement MEL strategies and processes in collaboration with PO-MEL;
2) Ensure capturing of accurate baseline data and establish database for tracking physical and financial performance of sub-projects;
3) Prepare and review quarterly progress reports and documentation of success stories, lessons and facilitate sharing of the same.
Finance and Administration:
1) Comply with project financial controls, regulations and operational guidelines.
2) Support basic administrative functions of the office; e.g. ensuring timely procurement of supplies, efficient use and maintenance of office equipment; attending to guests, running errands, filing of key documents;
3) Provide technical input to ensure documentation and efficient management project documents.
Information and Communication:
1) Introduce innovation in ICT to increase efficiency and productivity in the potato production; sourcing and marketing;
2) Establish, manage and maintain strategic relationships with all stakeholders and partners;
3) Coordinate communications between Project Team and relevant stakeholders;
4) Support the Programme Team Leader in preparation of timely reports on project activities; consolidate findings and prepare reports;
5) Prepare documentation of best practices including writing/editing articles, press releases, lessons learnt and other learning materials;
6) Review data and information generated by the projects’ activities and produce knowledge products with quantifiable indicators;
7) Perform accurate data analysis and interpretation of results;
8) Ensure that potato value chain members are informed and can respond quickly when market conditions change.
Technical Competence Required:
You are the right candidate if you have the following:
1) Experience in managing Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises; Cooperative and Traders Associations (small scale traders and vendors) in urban areas;
2) A minimum of three (3) years of progressive project management and execution experience especially donor-funded projects in the agribusiness sector;
3) Experience in effective partnerships and/or linkages with private and public sector in donor funded projects;
4) Possess negotiation skills and knowledge in business contract management, group dynamics and good governance;
5) Ability to use standard project management tools to plan, schedule, track and manage project performance against deliverables;
6) Ability to develop and deliver cohesive analyses and reports;
7) Demonstrated expertise in production of knowledge products e.g. newsletters/news
8) Ability to generate innovative solutions in work situations;
9) You are very good in personal attributes, such as: High attention to detail and accuracy; Presence; Integrity; Self-driven; Courteous; Innovative; and Good management of time.
10) Impeccable communication skills especially in writing, team working, interpersonal and computer skills;
11) Good understanding of Agricultural Markets in East Africa will be an added advantage;
1) Basic Degree in Agriculture, Agricultural Sciences or Agricultural Economics or its equivalent.
2) Post-graduate degree in Agribusiness, Marketing and Cooperative Management.
3) You scored an A in Mathematics and (Physics or Chemistry or ICT or Biology) in your O-level qualifications.
How to apply:
If you are the right candidate, please send your application letter plus the following:
ü An up-to-date CV, highlighting relevant skills and experience (presented in relation to each of the Responsibilities and each of the experience areas listed above);
ü Copies of Academic Certificate and Transcripts for O’ level, A’ level – where applicable, Under-Graduate and Post-Graduate qualifications;
ü The names and contacts of three referees, and a daytime contact telephone number of each of them;
ü The names and contacts of your immediate supervisor(s) in the current job and one of your immediate previous jobs;
ü Your daytime contact telephone number;
ü A statement of proof of current remuneration package.
Please submit your application electronically to:
Team Leader, Finance & Administration
Plot 42, Princess Anne Drive
Bugolobi, Kampala, Uganda
Tel: +256 392 264 980/1/2 OR +256 200 926 498
Copy email to: firstname.lastname@example.org