Winrock International is recruiting for the position of Finance Manager for a program to combat child labor in tobacco-growing communities through education, awareness, and economic empowerment. The program is based in Tabora, Tanzania and is funded by Japan Tobacco International. Verbal and written fluency in English is required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage/conduct all financial/accounting aspects of program operations.
· Prepare monthly financial reports and funds requests for submission to Project Director.
· Liaise with banking institutions.
· Maintain bank, cash, and checkbook records.
· Prepare monthly payroll and related taxes, including the recording of applicable benefits.
· Review subrecipient financial reports and funds requests as necessary.
· Adhere to Winrock and donor financial procedures and record-keeping policies.
· Assist with maintenance of office files as needed.
· Secure and analyze quotes, draft purchase orders and service agreements based on existing templates, and oversee delivery of goods/services.
· Ensure adherence to financial controls and generally accepted accounting principles.
· Manage and track project spending and assist with budget realignments and financial forecasts.
· Complete other tasks as assigned by Winrock.
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least seven years of experience in F&A/operational management, including a background in procurement, fleet management, human resources and staff management, and financial and administrative compliance is preferred.
- International development experience in a similar position.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or other relevant field
- Experience in the management of field offices is a plus.
· Ability to problem-solve, foster teamwork, adhere to the highest ethical standards, and meet deadlines and deliverables essential
To apply, please send a current resume, a cover letter and salary expectations to email@example.com. The subject of the email should reference “Winrock Tanzania Finance Manager Application.” Tanzanian nationals living in Tanzania are strongly encouraged to apply. Applications should be submitted by February 12, 2016.