Quality Officer (MNCH) – MwanzaCHRISTIAN SOCIAL SERVICES COMMISSION (CSSC)
SOURCE::: Mkaguzi Blog
Christian Social Services Commission (CSSC) is an ecumenical body established in 1992 by Tanzania Episcopal Conference (TEC) and Christian Council of Tanzania (CCT) to facilitate the provision of social services in Tanzania. CSSC supports Church institutions to deliver quality social services to all the people regardless of colour, race and faith; and also promotes expansion of health, education and other social services all over Tanzania.
PharmAccess International in partnership with CSSC are implementing quality improvement program with HDIF (Human Development Innovation Fund) aiming at improving the quality of care in private health facilities with more emphasis in Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (MNCH) service. The program also aims at increasing the demand and utilization of health services provided by these facilities through community interventions.
Applications are sought from highly qualified, well experienced and motivated persons for the following positions to join CSSC under the Business of Quality Program in Healthcare. The work station for all the positions will be based in Mwanza and Mbeya Regions, Tanzania.
Position Title: Quality Officer (MNCH) – 2 Positions
Purpose of the Position
Quality Officer (MNCH) will support implementation of Business of Quality program in the respective zones as outlined in the project plans. The Quality Officer will have responsibility of identifying and recruiting facilities; carrying out SafeCare Assessments, providing technical support in RCH clinics.guidance and monitoring of the implementation project activities and provide progress reports in his/her zone according to the reporting schedule. In addition he/she will be responsible to ensure the long-term sustainability of the quality initiative including forging relationships with other Quality Partners found in the zone.
• Perform SafeCare quality assessments, dissemination and provide technical support and monitoring of implementation of quality improvement activities with a focus in Maternal new born and Child Health (MNCH).
• Analyze data and write the report to disseminate lessons learned and best practices.
• Providing technical support and advocacy for the establishment/expansion of MNCH services in Health facilities enrolled in the project.
• Provide training, supportive supervision and mentoring to facility staff to improve quality of MNCH services at the facility level.
• Collect best practices in MNCH services in the region, and coordinate the establishment peer-to-peer learning system through Centers of Excellence.
• Work in collaboration with the MNCH coordinator at PharmAccess Prepare annual work plans.
• Work with district and regional health management teams and other partners to improve MNCH service utilization by involving community health workers.
• Write and submit quarterly implementation and progress report.
SOURCE::: Mkaguzi Blog
Required Qualification, Knowledge and Skills
• Degree/diploma in Nurse, Nurse Midwife, Public health training will be an added advantage minimum of 3 years field experience working in NGO environmental in Reproductive Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health (RMNCH) program.
• Experience in Good knowledge of the Health system in the country including the private sector.
• Demonstrated skills on the concepts of quality improvement approaches in health care.
• Computer literacy including use of Microsoft Office Suite, Databases and Web Applications.
• Capable of interacting professionally and constructively with different levels of the health system from national to facility level.
• Interpersonal and team –building skills, ability to work effectively with different levels of professional cadres.
• Written and verbal communication skills in English and Kiswahili
Interested and qualified candidate s are invited to submit their application letter enclosing a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates. Three references and daytime telephone numbers to:
The Executive Director
Christian Social Services Commission
4 Ali Hassan Mwinui Rd
DAR ES SALAAM
The closing date for applications is Friday 22nd January, 2016