Job Vacancy Announcement Number: 2/2016
Posting Date: 1st February, 2016
Area of Consideration – Open
Relief to Development Society (REDESO) is a Tanzanian Non-Governmental organization whose mission is “a community where vulnerable people have access to equal opportunities and empowerment” REDESO has the following Job vacancy which demand patriotic, dedicated and qualified nationals to fill them. Find below Job Summary; required skills, knowledge, abilities, experience and qualification.
1) Position: Medical Counselor (1 Position)
Responsible to: Programme Manager
Location: Dar es Salaam
Ensure an effective service delivery to patients who are in Dar es Salaam for medical referral as well as support other Persons of Concern whenever they need medical services.
Essential Job Functions
· Provide medical counseling to Persons of Concern (PC) referred to Dar es Salaam medical treatment.
· Attend to day to day medical needs of PC under REDESO’s care
· Escort PC referred in referral hospitals outside Dar es Salaam (within Tanzania) whenever the need arises.
· Prescribe mild drugs in accordance with the PC condition where the situation does not require hospitalization
· Assist PC to reach their referral hospitals and ensure they meet the appropriate Doctors
· Conduct monitoring visits so as to monitor the development in the condition of the PC
· Keeping records of PC and advise REDESO/UNHCR
· Be part of REDESO Senior Management Team: This calls for attending weekly SMT and planning meetings
· Write patients report as needed by REDESO/UNHCR
· Represent REDESO at relevant meetings.
Knowledge and Skills
· The incumbent will have to be a Trained Clinical Officer. Bachelor in Nursing degree will be added advantage
· Must have experience of at least 3 years. Experience in working with refugees will be of added advantage
· Ability to write precisely, clear medical report
· Ability to work under hectic and pressure
How to Apply
For those applying for the position of Medical Counselor should submit their application letter, resume (with three referees), and copies of your relevant certificates to Programme Manager, REDESO Hq, P.O.Box 2621 Dar es salaam or electronically through email@example.com not later that 5th February, 2016.
Telephone No. 022 2666725 , Mobile phone no. 0786740746, 0717 037311.