An International Company is hiring Site Supervisor in Dar Es Salaam; in this role the candidate will oversee the construction activities that take place on the worksite and will be involved in the
supervision of general construction.
supervision of general construction.
We are seeking a range of experience with Site Supervisor, with minimum experience of 4-7 years in the telecom Industry. Responsibility, title and compensation will be determined by experience and education of candidate.
Location: Dar Es Salaam
Position: Site Supervisor
Reports to: Project Manager
The Construction Site Supervisor will oversee the construction activities that take place on the worksite and will be involved in the supervision of General Contractors, Subcontractors and Community Partners. He/She will report to the Project Manager. All work crews and individuals on site will take their direction from the site supervisor, who is responsible for knowing what work must be done and applying resources to accomplish that work. The Construction Site Supervisor will plan, implement and oversee construction efforts at specific work sites. He/She will:
• Work within the guidelines and directives of the Make It Right program.
• Assure that the goals of the program are implemented and completed.
• Be a person who will work, diligently, on behalf of prospective and established homeowners
The Supervisor will be selected with equal emphasis on construction skills, the ability to transfer skills to others and create a team atmosphere of working together.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with at least 4 years working experience. Telecom industry experience will be an added advantage.
• Good communication skills of English and Kiswahili written/oral, Ability to plan and work to strict deadlines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Civil Engineer degree advantage.
• Meets operational standards by contributing construction information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying construction management system improvements.
• Meets construction budget by monitoring project expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
• Develop Written work instructions and review as necessary
• Report any requests of project variation to the Resource Manager before any changes are agreed/implemented
• Carry out Site Safety Audits as required.
• Carry out site surveys as required.
• Carry out on site toolbox talks/briefings when required.
• Ensure all accidents and incidents & near misses are investigated and reported.
• Carry out site inductions where necessary and keep appropriate records as per the organization procedures.
• Issue and record appropriate PPE where required
• Approves construction projects by conducting inspections.
• Prevents fines and interruptions by complying with, and enforcing, codes.
• Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
• Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Establish & maintain high staff morale, model sound leadership and teamwork.
• Trouble-shoot and identify construction problems; offer timely and safe solutions.
• Ensure project proceeds in a timely manner.
• Complete necessary reports and meet at least weekly with Construction Director to discuss construction progress.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The Construction Site Supervisor will be required to have:
• A positive attitude and willingness to equip and encourage co-workers Excellent communications skills.
• Established credibility and integrity.
• Minimum of 4-7 years experience in general construction with excellent hands-on construction skills.
• Experience in Supervising construction projects.
• The ability to set priorities and exercise flexibility where necessary The willingness to accept other job responsibilities as needed.
• Thorough knowledge of all facets of construction to include Stick, Modular, and SIP
• Understanding of proper safety procedures and recognition of hazards
• Knowledge of green construction and the Cradle to Cradle philosophy
• Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Excel, and other construction software
• Ability to critically look at craftsmanship
• Ability to mediate disputes using the win-win philosophy
• Ability to organize time, material, and labor
• The ability to multitask
• The ability to supervise numerous crews handling a variety of tasks
• Excellent communications ability
• Knowledge of streets, sewers, and public and private utilities
TUMA MAOMBI KUPITIA...
Mode of Application: Send current CV and Cover letters, certificates and ID to email@example.com. Apply within two weeks from first date of advertisement in newspapers. Attractive package will be offered to successful candidates.
For All Jobs In Tanzania 2015 Please Visit Kazihome Blog