- Position title: Accounts Clerks – Mission And Travel, FFCO.2Grade: GS-6
- Position N°: 50000750
- Reference: ADB/15/181
- Publication date: 21/12/2015
- Closing date: 10/01/2016
The primary role of the Administrative Expenses Division (FFCO.2) is to provide efficient transaction processing services with respect to the capital and administrative expenses of the Bank and of all bilateral funds. Under the auspice of the Financial Control Department (FFCO), The Division FFCO2 not only ensures that expenses incurred are in accordance with Bank policies, but also actively seeks opportunities for savings for the Bank’s in the management of expenses. This position is to ensure prompt processing of Per Diem and advance relating to official missions and travels. Follow-up, verify and analyze and calculate reimbursement claims of staffs members and elected officers.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Division Manager, FFCO.2, the incumbent will perform the following functions:
Payment of Per Diems and advances
- Receive Trips created by the department for Missions and Travels of their staff.
- Ensure that information contained in the trips is complete and process Per Diems for payment in the currency requested.
- Resolve issues in collaboration with relevant departments for example, SAP Competence Centre.
- Generate accounting entries, by preparing the disbursement vouchers, for the payment of per Diems and missions advances.
- Ensure that payment proposals are generated for Per Diems and advances are processed.
- Following submission of payment proposal, follow up with Treasury to ensure that Per Diems and mission advances are promptly paid to clients.
Processing of reimbursement Claims
- Follow up on claims that staff and Elected Officers’ have not submitted following travel missions.
- Receive claims for reimbursement of mission expenses and ensure that they are processed and approved.
- Verify hotel bills, receipts, etc. submitted by clients as justification for reimbursement of travel mission expenses.
- Prepare accounting entries for returned traveler’s cheques and other refunds to the Bank.
- Ensure reimbursement mission claims to staff and deduction from staff accounts where relevant following processing.
- Prepare necessary accounting entries to regularize account balances.
- Perform any other work related assignments delegated.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy, Management or equivalent relevant qualification.
- A Minimum of four (4) years of relevant work experience gained in a similar position.
- Work experience gained in a similar Financial Multilateral Institution or other institution.
- Strong customer skills, ability to multitask, and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and/or French. Working knowledge of the second language will be an advantage.
- Competence in the use of Bank standard software (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
- Knowledge and proficiency in the utilization of SAP ERP system.
Information on the position: This position does not attract international terms and conditions (Incumbents of the post will be considered as local staff and will therefore not have international status).
To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
Only applicants who fully meet the Bank's requirements and are being considered for interview will be contacted. Applicants will only be considered if they submit an online application, and attach a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV). The AfDB President reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply: www.afdb.org/jobs