Position: Office Manager
Schedule: Full time/Part time
Location: Dar es Salaam
Date of Joining: February 2016
Reporting to: Director.
Summary: Mkono wa Tumaini (MTU) is an NGO with objective is to offer charitable and humanitarian services in terms of food, clothes, legal assistance and entrepreneurial skills, psychosocial counselling and medical care for diseases; malaria, Tuberculosis, HIV / AIDS and others; and to provide health education.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: MTU is seeking a highly competent candidate for the position of Office
Manager. The person’s primary responsibility is to provide active support service to MTU staff and partners in office administration and also in ‘field work’. S/he is responsible for administrative office management and day to day logistics.
Office manager performs the following responsibilities but are not only limited to these:
• Serve as administrative liaison and provide support for daily management of MTU office.
• be responsible for daily communications including maintenance of calendar and appointments for the Executive Director
• Filing all office documentation and third party contracts, agreements, records management etc.
• be responsible for updating Petty Cash Log
• build and develop ongoing relationships with formal and informal partners, community groups and government agencies as well as liaise and communicate with local partners and local authorities who are directly or indirectly involved in MTU’s current projects
• assist with the organization of events, organizing, preparation and feedback report after the event
• participate in any other activities which may be required to fulfill MTU’s objectives
• Assist in the procurement process including searching suppliers and quotes, preparing quote comparison and suggesting suppliers, prepare contract with selected suppliers.
• Serve as a representative in the organization while attending charitable programs and other community services.
• To look for new sources of funding and offer administrative guide to volunteers, assign their work and schedule.
• Participate and attend meetings with donors/sponsors and other government official.
• Review financial transactions, reports and solve any problems along the way.
Education, skills and experience
• Degree/Diploma in accounting/Finance/Administration or related subject
• Min 1-5 years of similar working experience, preferably with NGO
• be highly organized, be comfortable with responsibility, have sound judgment, excellent organizational and analytical skills, initiate work plans and deliver effectively to deadlines
• excellent relationship and communicational skills
• competent in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook
• personal commitment to MTU principles, vision and mission
• basic knowledge and passion for community development and social work issues
• They possess a wide knowledge regarding the rules and policies of government agencies, tax and others.
• self starter and a finisher
• Impeccable, corruptionfree reputation and integrity.
• ability to work independently as well as part of a Team
• pro-active and results orientated
• professional attitude towards work
• born-again Christian
Interested candidates should send their application letter, CV with their relevant certificate(s) to the following email: email@example.com not late than 15/1/2016.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.