POSITION: TEACHER (2 posts)
LOCATION: DAR ES SALAAM
REPORTS TO: PRINCIPLE
SCHOOL CATEGORY: INTERNATIONAL ACADEMY SCHOOL
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Planning and Teaching
● Plan, prepare and present lessons that cater for the needs of the whole ability range within the class.
● Organize the classroom and learning resources to create a positive learning environment.
● Regularly maintain long, medium and short term planning documentation.
● Teach all areas of the curriculum as needed.
● Write, supervise and mark tests and exams as appropriate.
●motivate students with enthusiastic, imaginative presentations.
●encourage diligence, clarity, organisation, responsibility, self-reliance, teamwork, honesty, understanding and tolerance in students.
●monitor the attendance of students at lessons and ensure that they are doing, to the best of their ability, classwork, homework and coursework, and that it is up-to-date and marked.
●review student progress and, where appropriate, seek help for students with perceived special needs.
● facilitate learning engagements which are challenging, meaningful, relevant and/or engaging for all students, providing differentiated learning engagements when necessary ● use suitable materials and resources to support learning engagements
3. Assessment & Reporting
● design effective formative and summative assessments, use a range of assessment tools and strategies.
● maintain assessment records.
● follow-up on student absence through the School administrative staff.
● complete formalised written reports for individual students.
● prepare for and participate in formal and informal parent/teacher conferences.
● provide regular feedback about academic development to students and parents ● prepare students for Student Led Conferences
4. Management of Learning Environments
● ensure physical layout of learning environments are safe, clean and support a range of learning styles.
●enforce dress regulations and other school rules.
● monitor materials and resources needed for student development ●maintain discipline among pupils/students in the school.
●offer appropriate counselling to students, where possible, or refer to relevant support staff
5. Student Welfare
● ensure student safety at all times.
● take and maintain a daily register of student attendance ● supervise students during play and recess breaks.
6. School Community
● actively participate in school events
● participate in school decision making
● contribute to whole school responsibilities where needed.
● attend all appropriate meetings and planning sessions.
● promote the school’s mission, vision and values.
● regularly communicate with community members in a professional manner.
● maintain professional relationships with work colleagues based around cooperation and mutual support.
● comply with school policies, procedures and expectations.
NB: You will also be responsible for undertaking other tasks and duties as reasonably requested by your Superiors.
EDUCATION BACKGROUND AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
i. Diploma or Degree in Education. ii. At least one year work experience.
iii. Intergrity, honesty, excellence, professionalism, hardworking, charming, and accountabilty are prefered attributes for this post.
REMUNERATION: Attractive salary package will be offered for the qualified candidate.
APPLY TO: firstname.lastname@example.org