Unilever’s mission is to add vitality to life. We meet everyday needs for nutrition, hygiene,and personal care with brands that help people feel good, look good and get more out of life.
Our Corporate Strategy aims to double the size of our business by 2020 while halving our environmental footprints. Every day, around the world, people drink cups of tea. We conduct our business sustainably under our Sustainable Living Plan which cares for the future generations
Unilever Tea Tanzania Limited is a Tea plantation organization located in Mufindi, Iringa Region. Brooke Bond School is wholly owned by Unilever Tea Tanzania Limited mainly to cater for the education of the children of its management employees. It also takes in students from all over
Knowledge of teaching an additional subject is an advantage
Department: General Management Department - BBS
Job Position: Class 1&2 Teacher (1 Post)
Reports to: School Manager
Location: Mufindi, Tanzania
Business Context and Main Purpose of the Job
To teach the pupils in all allocated subjects as required by Ministry of Education and Vocational Training (MoEVT)
1. Teaches all lessons allocated and as required by MoEVT.
• Prepares of Scheme of work, log books, lesson plans, teaching notes and aids in all allocated subjects.
• Sets periodic tests and end of term exams for allocated subjects and classes.
• Writes reports for the pupils at the end of each term.
2. Responsible for the care and welfare of pupils.
• Maintains and monitors pupils discipline
• Solves and reports any problems i.e. academic/discipline problems to Head of Primary/Secondary School.
• Organizes and supervises indoors and outdoors activities of the pupils.
3. Implements all the agreed programs of the school and the company. Attends all the staff meeting and school public events.
• Attends various educational trainings/workshops as required by local educational authorities/ MoEVT.
• Participates in various Company trainings/workshops as required.
• Takes on other non teaching tasks within and outside the school (within the company) e.g. Organizing Management sports activities.
• Promotes the Company commitment on Occupational Health, Safety Environmental Care and Consumer Safety.
4. Promotes good working relations with other governmental Institutions.
• Sets and marks External/National Exams where necessary and relevant
• Diploma in Education or from a recognized institution/ university
• 2- 3years experience in teaching relevant subject
• Highly analytical thinking
• Attention to detail
• Good Interpersonal and Communication skills
• Confidentiality & High Integrity
• Extra curriculum knowledge
• Computer skills with Access, word & Excel
All applications should be sent to the address or email below on or before 18th January 2016. Eligible candidates are required to submit detailed CV with names of three referees and an application letter.
Unilever is an equal opportunity employer!
Dar es Salaam