Job Title: Project Officer –Accounts&Operations
Location: Morogoro, Tanzania Reports to: Project Coordinator
Morogoro Land Rights Network (MOLARN) is implementing a Project in Morogoro region known as Women’s Land Rights Project that aims at minimizing land conflicts by guaranteeing greater land and livelihood security to local residents, particularly women.
i. Shall hold responsibility of proper keeping of all financial records of the Network
ii. Shall Manage all financial affairs of the Network
iii. Shall assist to prepare fund raising strategies.
iv. Shall perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Board and Coordinator.
v. Create project accounts in the accounting system-Qick Book
vi. Maintain project-related records, including contracts and change orders
vii. Report to management regarding the remaining funding available for projects
viii. Compile information for internal and external auditors, as require ix. To answer audit queries and all correspondence relating to financial matters in coordination with MOLARN coordinator and Chairperson of the Board.
Specific Job Responsibilities
i. To receive and bank all cash and cheque intact to the project bank account.
ii. To prepare and keep payment vouchers.
iii. To effect payment on all authorized payments
iv. To make sure all payment vouchers have supporting documents.
v. To post and keep cash books.
vi. To prepare bank reconciliation statement of the project each month and any material figure, irregularities arising from bank statement should be dealt with immediately and reported to Network Coordinator.
vii. To prepare monthly and Quarterly financial report of the Project.
viii. Assist Coordinator the implementation of project activities in field
ix. Assist M&E duties as planned and directed by the coordinator
x. Support and assist training of beneficiaries
Qualifications and personal attributes required:
Applicants for this position should be Tanzanian nationals who possess the following minimum qualifications:
* Bachelor’s degree or Advanced Diploma in Accounting, business management or related fields.
* At least 3 years of accounting and financial experience.
* Knowledge and understanding of accounting principles a must.
* Ability to prioritize, meets deadlines, and work on multiple tasks.
* Ability to provide audit trail within voucher documentation.
* Strong administrative and communication skills.
* Ability and desire to work well within a team.
* Ability to work independently, take responsibility, and follow-through on outstanding issues.
* Work experience with projects supported by an international organization preferred.
* Experience with QuickBooks accounting system required.
* Demonstrated intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite Application including Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Microsoft Word.
* English and Swahili fluency required (including speaking, writing, understanding, and reading and the ability to work with vendors, staff and stakeholders in both languages).
* Ability and willingness to travel within Tanzania.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality for all project and staff proprietary matters.
All interested candidate are required to apply through email; firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com before 15:00 pm on 15/01/2016