Unilever’s mission is to add vitality to life. We meet everyday needs for nutrition, hygiene, and personal care with brands that help people feel good, look good and get more out of life.
Our Corporate Strategy aims to double the size of our business by 2020 while halving our environmental footprints.
Every day, around the world, people drink cups of tea. Our brands are trusted everywhere and we've grown to become one of the world's most successful fast moving consumer goods companies.
Unilever values employee engagement and development by providing vital and relevant professional experiences. In Unilever, we give you a career.
Unilever Tea Tanzania Limited is a plantation company operating under Unilever Tea, East Africa (UTEA). UTTL employs over 5,500 employees whose safety and security are very important to the business.
We are currently looking to hire Extension Officers for our Tanzania business (Mufindi Outgrowers Project (MOG)). This role will be field based and requires candidates with knowledge for the job. If you are looking for a career in Unilever then you are the person we are looking for.
Department: Mufindi Outgrowers (MOG)
Job Position: Extension Officer (2 Posts)
Reports to: Out-Grower Services Officer
Duties and responsibilities of Extension Officer
1. Providing guidance on good agricultural practices to the smallholder farmers in Mufindi to the highest agricultural standards
2. Overseeing the day-to-day operations of the MOG project, in the villages allocated to him/her.
3. Plan and oversee the implementation of critical field operations that include plucking, pruning, fertilizer application and weeding by the smallholder tea farmers.
4. Oversee the tea buying process to ensure high standards of green leaf quality is harvested and well handled to the factory.
5. Evaluating the current sustainability status of farmers’ tea fields in the agreed villages and identified sustainability gaps. Then prepare recommendations and draft practical plans to narrow the gaps;
6. Facilitating the farmer learning process through the Farmer Field School;
UNILEVER TEA TANZANIA LIMITED
7. Developing a regular written system of feedback and summary reports to the Out-grower Services Manager and the Farmers, using identified appropriate software systems
8. Participates in review of Sustainable Agriculture Network /Rain Forest Alliance training materials.
9. Participates in stakeholders consultative meetings and enhance good co-existence amongst farmers and the neighboring community.
Relevant Skills and Experience
1. Crop Production and Field Operations
2. Sourcing – raw materials of agricultural origin
3. Plant Breeding – tea nurseries
4. Infrastructure Management
5. Project Management/Information Technology
6. Industrial Relations/Employee Relations
7. Diploma or Graduate in Agriculture, Horticulture, Agricultural Engineering or Bachelor of Science.
8. 2 Years experience.
All applications should be sent to the address or email below on or before 18th January 2016. Eligible candidates are required to submit detailed CV with names of three referees and an application letter. P.O.BOX 4955,
Dar es Salaam
Unilever is an equal opportunity employer!