POSITION: SALES AND MARKETING MANAGER
WORK STATION: DAR ES SALAAM
SERVICE CATEGORY: HOSPITALITY
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions and enforcing policies and procedures.
• Preparing and completing action plans for accomplishing the assigned duties by the Superiors.
• Projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products, analyzing trends and results, establishing pricing strategies, recommending selling prices, monitoring costs, competition, supply, and demand.
• Achieves marketing and sales operational objectives by contributing marketing and sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews.
• Implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards and identifying trends.
• Meet with prospective guests and other sales stakeholders to discuss business.
• Improves product marketability and profitability by researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities.
• Meets marketing and sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
• Work with senior sales managers or owners to plan sales promotions, set sales goals, and train staff.
• Accomplishes marketing and organization mission by completing related assigned duties.
• Determines annual and gross-profit plans by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas.
• Accomplishes marketing and sales objectives by planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating advertising, merchandising, and trade promotion programs.
• Identifies marketing opportunities by identifying consumer requirements; defining market, competitor's share, and competitor's strengths and weaknesses; forecasting projected business; establishing targeted market share.
• Improving product packaging and coordinating new product development.
• Creating and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships with customers.
• Sustains rapport with key accounts by making periodic visits, exploring specific needs and anticipating new opportunities.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
• Protects organization's core values by keeping information confidential.
• Be able to handle and manage stress appropriately.
EDUCATION BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor or master's degree in a business related disciplines.
• Acquired specialization in hospitality management will be an added advantage.
• At least two years work experience.
APPLY TO: email@example.com