Home / Uncategories / ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT II (3 POSTS) ~ DEADLINE: 3/8/2015
ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT II (3 POSTS) ~ DEADLINE: 3/8/2015
ARUSHA INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE CENTRE
The Arusha International Conference Centre (AICC) was established under the Public Corporations Act No. 17 of 1999 by a Presidential Order through Government Notice number 115, published on 25th August, 1978. The Centre is wholly owned by the Government of United Republic of Tanzania and operates under the purview of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Co-operation.
The AICC was established to manage and control the Headquarters' complex of the defunct East African Community in Arusha which belonged defunct East African Community. It also owns Julius Nyerere International Convention Centre as per Arusha lnternational Conference Centre (Amen' Order of 2014, dated 19th March, 2014; and provide facilities and services on the complex for purposes of conferences, meetings, seminars etc.
The Centre invites applications from suitably qualified Tanzanians to fill in the below mentioned vacant posts:-
1, ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT II (3 POSTS)
Answerable to Senior Accounts Assistant
• Holder of Diploma in Accounting/ATEC II from a recognized Centre/Institution with at least three years of working experience in a similar POSI in a reputable organization/institution
• Must be computer literate
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Receiving and accounting properly for all cash and cheques from customers'
2. Issuing of bona fide receipts for cash and cheques received from customers
3. Reconciliation of actual amount of cash received with receipt book totals
4. Keeping in safe custody all moneys received under lock"and key and ensuring daily banking
5. Maintaining adequate and accurate records of cheques received
6. Keeping of book copies of used receipts under lock and key
7. Making bank reconciliation
8. Keeping ledger and books of accounts
9. Preparing payment vouchers
10. Preparing periodical financial reports (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly)
11. Preparing monthly payroll and disbursement of salaries
12. Preparing returns/PAVE, NSSF, etc,
13. Maintaining subsidiary records including staff advances and loans
14. Examining and verifying accounting documents and all supporting documents attached to vouchers'
15. Performing any duties relevant to the scope of work that may be assigned by the Senior Accounts Assistant"
General Terms and Conditions
Terms of Employment: Contract - 1 Year
An attractive package commensurate with the qualifications and relevant experience will be availed to the successful candidate
Letter of application, curriculum vitae, copies of relevant certificates, testimonials, names and email addresses of three referees should be sent to the below
mentioned postal address, so as to be received not later than 3rd, August, 2015
The Managing Director
Arusha International Conference Centre
P.O. Box 3081, Arusha
Source; Daily news 21st July 2015
TUMA MAOMBI KUPITIA----------------->
Holder of Diploma in Accounting/ATEC II from a recognized Centre/Institution