Home / Uncategories / HEAD OF SUPPLIES SECTION Deadline 31/7/2015
HEAD OF SUPPLIES SECTION Deadline 31/7/2015
ARUSHA URBAN WATER SUPPLY AND SEWERAGE AUTHORITY
The Arusha Urban Water Supply and Sewerage Authority (AUWSA) is a legally established entity responsible for the overall operations and management of water supply and sanitation services in Arusha City. It is among of the best Authorities in Tanzania. The core function of the Authority is to deliver excellent water supply and sanitation services for all categories of customers and stakeholders in Arusha City. In order to attain its vision and mission, AUWSA is seeking to recruit dynamic, experienced, competent and qualified Tanzanians to fill the following vacant posts within the Authority’s establishment.
HEAD OF SUPPLIES SECTION: (1 Vacant Post)
Appointing Authority: Management Committee.
Reports To: Finance Manager.
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience:
The successful applicant must be / have:
• Holder of Degree or Advanced Diploma in Materials management or its equivalent issued from recognized institution.
• Registered with the PSPTB, as Authorized Supplies Professional with relevant experience of at least five years in a reputable institution.
• Postgraduate qualification is an added advantage.
• Computer skills are essential.
Employment Terms: Three years Contract - Renewable upon satisfactorily performance.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• Head of section responsible for administrative issues and responsible for efficient receiving, inspection, storage and issue of right materials of the right quality at the right time to respective users.
• Recommends to the users standards and procedures for the acquisition, storage and issue of all materials and services required for the proper operations and maintenance of the UWSA systems.
• Communicates information on new materials and shipment techniques to user department/sections.
• Supervises implementation of stores procedures and documentation.
• Carries out periodic inspections and stocktaking of materials and supplies.
• Ensures efficient safe and economical storage of materials and supplies in store and stockyards.
• Ensures that annual stocktaking of all materials, movable non-current assets and immovable noncurrent assets is carried out.
• Prepares replies to audit queries relating to materials, supplies and storekeeping.
• Ensures proper evaluation of materials and non-current assets.
• Recommends to management economical stock purchase quantities, re-order levels, re-order time and effective system of stock control.
• Conducts open performance review and appraisal of subordinates and gives feedback.
• Develops individual performance objectives, targets and standards in consultation with the immediate superior as part of the individual performance agreement.
• Performs any other duties as may be assigned by the Finance Manager.
All above vacancies carry an attractive competitive salary and remuneration package in accordance with the qualifications, required skills and experience stated in- specific vacant post and AUWSA's Scheme of Service and Salary Structure.
i. Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply by sending their application letters attached with copies of relevant certificates, testimonials and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV).
ii. The CV must incorporate all contacts telephone numbers, mobile, box numbers, e-mail and physical addresses.
iii. Form IV and VI result slips are strictly not accepted.
iv. Certificates from foreign examination bodies, Colleges or Universities should be verified by NECTA, NACTE or TCU.
v. Only short-listed candidates (who meet requirements) will be contacted for interview.
vi. In addition to the qualifications mentioned, the incumbent is expected to posses the following traits:
- Excellent communication skill.
- High integrity and ability to adapt to changes quickly.
- Capacity to work hard, under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work under teamwork spirit, establish and maintain effective working relations with different people and stakeholders.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
Applications should be addressed to the undersigned so as to reach him/her not later than 31st July, 2015.
ARUSHA URBAN WATER SUPPLY & SEWERAGE AUTHORITY
Source; Mwananchi 9th July 2015
BONYEZA HAPA KUTUMA MAOMBI ---->
Holder of Degree or Advanced Diploma in Materials management or its equivalent issued from recognized institution