THE OPEN UNIVERSITY OF TANZANIA
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Tanzanians to fill the following posts
DEPUTY VICE CHANCELLOR (ACADEMIC)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES:
This is a Senior Administrative position at the University. The applicant must be a Tanzanian who is an Associate Professor or above, a holder of PhD from a recognized University with not less than five years of proven Academic as well as administrative experience, preferably in an Institution of Higher Learning.
• Chief Advisor to the Vice-Chancellor in respect of all Academic matters pertaining to the University.
• Chief Academic Planner for teaching, Research and Consultancy for the University.
• Principal Assistant to the Vice-Chancellor in all Academic matters including coordination of Deans/ of Faculties/Institutes.
• Have such other functions as are conferred upon him/her by the Universities Act, OUT's Charter of incorporation & regulations and other acts or as may be prescribed by the University's CEO.
The Applicant must have:
• Proven experience in an Academic institution in similar level or as a Dean or Director or Principal.
• Leadership skills, integrity and experience in supervisory and coordination skills. '
• Remarkable experience in research and consultancy (with previous records of attracting research funds from within and outside Tanzania to the University).
• Good knowledge of Information and Communications Technology ( ICT).
• Able to work under pressure and beyond normal hours.
• Knowledge in Distance Learning will be an added advantage.
SALARY: The salary will be attractive with and in accordance with standing regulations.
AGE LIMIT: Not less than 40 years of age.
FRINGE BENEFITS: As spelt out by the existing University Regulations.
Mode of Application
Applications accompanied by signed up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and other relevant documents, names and addresses of three referees (including the last employer) should reach the Chairperson of the Search Committee at the address below NOT later than Monday 17th August, 2015. Applicants are further advised to ask their Referees to submit reference letters directly to the Search Committee latest ONE week after the closing date for applications.
Search Committee for the Deputy Vice Chancellor (RM & AC) OUT,
The Open University of Tanzania,
P.O. Box 23409, DAR ES SALAAM
Attn: SECRETARY TO COUNCIL
Associate Professor or above, a holder of PhD from a recognized University