1. Job Title: Secretary II (4 posts)
(a) Qualifications and Experience:
• Form IV Certificate with credit passes in Kiswahili and English, plus a Certificate in Secretarial Studies/ Technician Certificate in Secretarial Studies, i.e. NTA 5 from a recognized institution.
• Possession of a Form VI Certificate with passes in English and Kiswahili will be an added advantage.
• Applicants must have completed Advanced Computer Course from a recognised institution.
• At least four years relevant work experience
(b) Main Duties:
• Types all general correspondence and non-confidential matters;
• Types letters, minutes, notices, bulletins and circulars;
• Prints reports, letters etc;
• Takes proper care of all machines under his/her charge and makes sure they are used for official work only;
• Files copies of typed letters in relevant files;
• Receives and directs visitors;
• Attends telephone calls and takes messages;
• Makes sure there are all necessary facilities for proper job performance;
• Takes dictation by shorthand;
• Uses modern machines in discharging his/her duties; and
• Performs any other duties assigned by one’s reporting officer.
(c) Salary Scale: PGSS 11
Interested candidates should apply in confidence enclosing:
(i) Detailed CV.
(ii) Photocopy of relevant certificates and transcripts.
(iii) Names and addresses of two referees.
(iv) Mode of communication, e.g. Telephone, fax, email, etc.
(i) For the positions of Technicians, Laboratory Scientists, Laboratory Engineers and Laboratory Assistants, candidates should indicate the College/ School and Departments to which they apply.
(ii) Applicants currently employed in the Public Service should channel their application letters through their respective employers. Non-disclosure of such status will lead to automatic disqualification.
(iii) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Interested applicants should submit their applications to the following address:
Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration)
University of Dar es Salaam
P.O. Box 35091
DAR ES SALAAM.
Two weeks from the date of first appearance of this advertisement.
28th July, 2015