Home / Uncategories / SENIOR PROGRAMME OFFICER ~ DEADLINE: 14/8/2015
SENIOR PROGRAMME OFFICER ~ DEADLINE: 14/8/2015
AGA KHAN FOUNDATION (TANZANIA)
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN TANZANIA
SENIOR PROGRAMME OFFICER (ENTERPRISE & ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT)
Do you have the creativity and drive to develop new and innovative economic development programs, mobilise resources, and foster productive partnerships with diverse stakeholders in Tanzania? AKF Tanzania is searching for a dynamic Senior Programme Officer (Enterprise and Economic Development) based in Dar es Salaam. This position is part of AKF Tanzania's senior management team I and provides an exciting opportunity to oversee and shape the Foundation's programming portfolio in agricultural markets, enterprise development, and financial inclusion in Tanzania and across East Africa.The Senior Programme Officer will be responsible for driving an ambitious resource mobilisation effort for AKF's enterprise and economic sector programming in Tanzania whi'le overseeing the management of the existing portfolio.
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a private, non-denominational, international development agency promoting creative and effective solutions to problems that impede social and economic development in selected areas of Africa and Asia.
AKF Tanzania is part of the AKF East Africa regional structure that implements programmes in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda.In Tanzania, AKF is managing a robust and expanding portfolio of multi-sectorial initiatives that includes programmes in rural economic development, education, early childhood development, health, nutrition and civil society strengthening.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Effectively mobilize resources for new and existing projects in r:-nterprise and economic development sector through the development of high quality funding proposals
• Oversee management of the existing enterprise and economic development portfolio currently focused in Lindi, Mtwara and Arusha regions of Tanzania, ensuring all grant management requirements including work-planning, budgeting and accountability, monitoring and reporting, are met
• Build and maintain a broad network of external partnerships with government, donors, private sector, civil society organisations and other partners
• Support development of quality learning and communications materials including policy briefs and case studies to inform policies, programmes; and practices
• Minimum of a Master's degree in international development, business, or a related field
• At least six years of solid experience working in the international development sector, with specific experience in resource mobilisation and rural economic development
• Programme development experience with ability to write strong proposals and responsive bids for new programmes on agri-business/enterprise development, value chain development, and financial inclusion
• Exceptional English communications skills, able to make strong oral presentations and produce high quality written reports, concept notes and proposals
• Strong interpersonal skills, initiative, ability to network with a range of development partners and organizations
• Solid experience on grant management, including work-planning, M&E, preparation.and monitoring of budgets
• Thorough understanding of the global and national efforts on rural economic development
• Experience working in Tanzania or East Africa
• Strong leadership, teamwork and management skills
• Ability to multi-task and work on tight timelines
• Knowledge of Kiswahili will be an advantage
Candidates interested in this unique career opportunity should submit a cover letter explaining why they are best suited for this particular position, CV (not exceeding 4 pages) and the names and contact information of three professional referees by Friday, 14th August 2015, to the Country Director - Aga Khan Foundation, Tanzania, bye-mail to email@example.com .Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Source; the Guardian 20th July 2015
Medical/ Pharma/ Biotech/ Healthcare
Minimum of a Master's degree in international development, business, or a related field