Home / Uncategories / PROCUREMENT OFFICER Deadline 31/07/2015
PROCUREMENT OFFICER Deadline 31/07/2015
ARUSHA URBAN WATER SUPPLY AND SEWERAGE AUTHORITY
The Arusha Urban Water Supply and Sewerage Authority (AUWSA) is a legally established entity responsible for the overall operations and management of water supply and sanitation services in Arusha City. It is among of the best Authorities in Tanzania. The core function of the Authority is to deliver excellent water supply and sanitation services for all categories of customers and stakeholders in Arusha City. In order to attain its vision and mission, AUWSA is seeking to recruit dynamic, experienced, competent and qualified Tanzanians to fill the following vacant posts within the Authority’s establishment.
PROCUREMENT OFFICER: (1 Vacant Post)
Appointing Authority: Management Committee.
Reports To: Head of Procurement Management Unit
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience:
The successful applicant must be / have:
• Holder of Degree or Advanced Diploma in Materials management or its equivalent issued from recognized institution.
• Registered with the PSPTB, as Approved / Authorized Supplies Professional with relevant experience of at least three years in a reputable institution.
• Computer skills are essential.
Employment Terms: Three years Contract - Renewable upon satisfactorily performance.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• Counter checks stocks purchase invoices before they are forwarded for payment.
• Scrutinizes recommendations for changes in stock levels, and for disposal of obsolete items.
• Preparations of legal conditions for stocks purchase contracts.
• Constantly reviews for approval procurement policy and procedures with a view towards improving efficiency.
• Prepares documents for stocks purchase orders after obtaining due authority for stocks ordering.
• Obtaining quotations for goods and services after approval for procurement has been obtained.
• Evaluating stocks purchasing bids and recommending to the Tender Committee for award of purchase contract.
• Ensure that approved stocks purchase modus operandi is properly followed.
• Ensures that procurement procedures and practice are in line with those approved by the National Board for Materials Management.
• Maintaining harmonious relations and making negotiations with suppliers/suppliers representatives.
• Perform any other procurement duties as may be assigned by the Head of Procurement Management Unit.
All above vacancies carry an attractive competitive salary and remuneration package in accordance with the qualifications, required skills and experience stated in- specific vacant post and AUWSA's Scheme of Service and Salary Structure.
i. Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply by sending their application letters attached with copies of relevant certificates, testimonials and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV).
ii. The CV must incorporate all contacts telephone numbers, mobile, box numbers, e-mail and physical addresses.
iii. Form IV and VI result slips are strictly not accepted.
iv. Certificates from foreign examination bodies, Colleges or Universities should be verified by NECTA, NACTE or TCU.
v. Only short-listed candidates (who meet requirements) will be contacted for interview.
vi. In addition to the qualifications mentioned, the incumbent is expected to posses the following traits:
- Excellent communication skill.
- High integrity and ability to adapt to changes quickly.
- Capacity to work hard, under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work under teamwork spirit, establish and maintain effective working relations with different people and stakeholders.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
Applications should be addressed to the undersigned so as to reach him/her not later than 31st July, 2015.
ARUSHA URBAN WATER SUPPLY & SEWERAGE AUTHORITY
Source; Mwananchi 9th July 2015
BONYEZA HAPA KUTUMA MAOMBI ---
Holder of Degree or Advanced Diploma in Materials management or its equivalent issued from recognized institution.