TANZANIA ELECTRIC SUPPLY COMPANY LIMITED
The Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO) is focusing on increasing the outreach and service quality of its Energy products for Tanzanian people. Next to its current passion as a leading provider of electricity is to be more efficient customer focused utility for Tanzania and beyond. The Company has the largest electricity generation, transmission and distribution network in Tanzania. In order to reach its goals, the Company is investing heavily in its generation, transmission and distribution network, its business systems and human capital. TANESCO now invites external and internal applicants who are self-motivated, honest, and hardworking and committed individuals to fill the under-mentioned posts in the Distribution and Customer Services
Specific attributes for the Positions to be filled:
All Candidates must:
• Demonstrate impeccable performance track record.
• Demonstrate high standards of business and personal ethical conduct.
• Plan ahead to ensure that resources are available for daily and future actions.
• Possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Be self-driven and capable of working with minimal supervision.
• Be capable of delivering excellent results while working under pressure with tight deadlines.
• Possess knowledge, competency and professional skills in Managerial positions.
• Problem solving skills.
• Deals with situations in an open, objective, and flexible manner.
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER TRAINEES - 30 Posts
REPORT TO: Principal/Senior Engineer
WORKSTATION: Regional / District Offices
Ensure customers delight by providing effective distribution design and planning; prompt service line connections; network construction to standards, project planning and execution, effective maintenance of distribution networks as well as minimizing both Technical and non-technical energy losses (NTL).
• Plan and monitor construction of distribution system in the region/districts to ensure that they comply with the approved TANESCO Engineering Instructions Manual.
• Carry out preventive maintenance and repair of the distribution systems to avoid technical losses and ensure security, reliability, quality and safety of electric power supply.
• Forecast the load growth in the region to ensure that distribution system and equipment are not overloaded.
• Maintain up-to date maps and system drawings showing both Medium Voltage and Low Voltage together with substations to ensure proper system database is maintained.
• To design, develop and maintain electrical control system and/or components to required specifications, focusing on economy, safety, reliability, quality and sustainability.
• To monitor, inspect, examine, test and diagnose problems and causes, improving and maintaining electrical infrastructures.
• Ensure Safety of staff and equipment at all time and make sure that “Risk assessment” is conducted before carrying out any work as per standing TANESCO safety provisions.
• To respond very quickly and replace immediately defective energy meters once reported or revealed during inspection, revenue loss calculated and payments made.
KEY KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS WHICH CANDIDATE MUST POSESS
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering.
• Computer knowledge is compulsory.
• Registration to ERB and other professional bodies is an added advantage.
An attractive compensation package based on performance and consummate with the responsibility will apply to the successful candidates.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in the positions, apply by sending a brief application letter, clearly stating why you should be considered for the position and how you will add value for TANESCO. With the letter, concise curriculum vitae should be enclosed showing briefly your achievement /accomplishments for you to deserve to be considered for the position. Electronic applications are accepted
Senior Manager - Human Resources,
TANESCO Ltd. Umeme Park Ubungo,
P. O. Box 9024
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Application close date: 22nd July, 2015
Source; Daily News 09th July 2015