Home / Uncategories / HEAD OF PUBLIC RELATIONS UNIT Deadline 31/7/2015
HEAD OF PUBLIC RELATIONS UNIT Deadline 31/7/2015
ARUSHA URBAN WATER SUPPLY AND SEWERAGE AUTHORITY
The Arusha Urban Water Supply and Sewerage Authority (AUWSA) is a legally established entity responsible for the overall operations and management of water supply and sanitation services in Arusha City. It is among of the best Authorities in Tanzania. The core function of the Authority is to deliver excellent water supply and sanitation services for all categories of customers and stakeholders in Arusha City. In order to attain its vision and mission, AUWSA is seeking to recruit dynamic, experienced, competent and qualified Tanzanians to fill the following vacant posts within the Authority’s establishment.
HEAD OF PUBLIC RELATIONS UNIT: (1 Vacant Post)
Appointing Authority: Management Committee.
Reports To: Managing Director.
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience:
The successful applicant must be / have:
• Holder of a first degree in Social Work I Sociology, Business Administration (Marketing), from a recognized institution or equivalent qualifications.
• Postgraduate qualification is an added advantage.
• Minimum of seven years working experience in public relations in a reputable institution.
Should have a strong background in public relations functions and must have analytical skills, broad minded, creative, unquestionable integrity.
• Computer skills are essential.
Employment Terms: Three years Contract - Renewable upon satisfactorily performance.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• Head of Unit responsible for administrative issues within the unit on day-to-day basis.
• Ensuring the implementation of Information Education and Communication (IEC) policy and strategy.
• Drafting AUWSA official and public statements such as press releases speeches and reports.
• Attending internal and external meetings and conferences to facilitate comprehensive public information and enhance positive understanding of AUWSA to her publics.
• Organizing and conducting press interviews news conferences l or CEO and other top management officials.
• Organizing and coordinating all official visits and meetings of donors, government leaders and Board members.
• Preparing progress and annual reports and publication of the same.
• Designing and coordinating outreach programs relevant to corporate policies and strategic plan.
• Organizing corporate events and arrange PR activities in connection with significant events exhibitions, open days and official tours.
• Designing and preparing in house newsletter, corporate identity and other forms of house style
• Maintaining good relations with media organizations and other personnel; especially editors, reporters and columnists.
• Conducting formal research in order to obtain information that is vital for planning PR programs and activities.
• Participating in the formulation of organizational missions, poliCies and goals.
• Advising management on matters concerning organizations' relationships with their various publics.
• Managing all protocol services of the Authority.
• Arranging accommodation of Board members and venues of the Board meetings and other social events.
• Performs any other related duties as may be assigned by the Managing Director.
All above vacancies carry an attractive competitive salary and remuneration package in accordance with the qualifications, required skills and experience stated in- specific vacant post and AUWSA's Scheme of Service and Salary Structure.
i. Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply by sending their application letters attached with copies of relevant certificates, testimonials and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV).
ii. The CV must incorporate all contacts telephone numbers, mobile, box numbers, e-mail and physical addresses.
iii. Form IV and VI result slips are strictly not accepted.
iv. Certificates from foreign examination bodies, Colleges or Universities should be verified by NECTA, NACTE or TCU.
v. Only short-listed candidates (who meet requirements) will be contacted for interview.
vi. In addition to the qualifications mentioned, the incumbent is expected to posses the following traits:
- Excellent communication skill.
- High integrity and ability to adapt to changes quickly.
- Capacity to work hard, under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work under teamwork spirit, establish and maintain effective working relations with different people and stakeholders.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
Applications should be addressed to the undersigned so as to reach him/her not later than 31st July, 2015.
ARUSHA URBAN WATER SUPPLY & SEWERAGE AUTHORITY
Source; Mwananchi 9th July 2015
BONYEZA HAPA KUTUMA MAOMBI ------->
Holder of a first degree in Social Work I Sociology, Business Administration (Marketing),