Home / Uncategories / FIELD MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER Deadline: 20th July 2015
FIELD MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER Deadline: 20th July 2015
Management and Development for Health (MDH), is a non-governmental organization with intent to contribute towards a robust health system, able to support delivery of quality health services through evidence based interventions and ultimately have a healthier and prosperous society. MDH works in partnership with various organizations including local and international research institutions to support implementation of operational research activities to improve health care delivery service in Tanzania mainly provision of HIV care and treatment services, maternal and child health, nutritional interventions, prevention and control of Non Communicable Diseases (NCD). Through funding from Pathfinder International, MDH seeks to recruit the following positions based in Dar es Salaam.
1. FIELD MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER - Dar es Salaam
Job Summary: Reporting to Maternal and Child Health Manager, Field M&E Officer will be responsible in overseeing day to day implementation of the project including engagement of community health workers in community interventions to generate demand for modern contraceptives, provide home based follow up for users of modern contraceptives and increase awareness of comprehensive post abortion care services in 17 wards of Temeke municipality. Duties and responsibilities:
• To coordinate and oversee M&E and data management related activities for the project
• To provide day to day management of the mHealth software and data operations for the project including monitoring, maintaining data flow and troubleshooting data related challenges
• To work with the field officer to organize and undertake trainings and other capacity building activities for CHWs and CHWs supervisors, specifically focusing on M&E, data and the Health system, through mentorship, on-job training and supportive supervision.
• To work with field officer to provide close follow up and supervision of the activities of community health workers (CHWs) and CHW supervisors to ensure that they meet their weekly, monthly and quarterly performance targets
• To provide technical assistance to CHWs and CHW supervisors in accurate documentation and reporting of project activities and ensuring quality data through the use of the mHealth system
• To work with field officer to conduct and support weekly and monthly meetings with CHW, CHW supervisors and health care providers (CHWs) as per project work-plan
• In collaboration with the field officer, to prepare and submit to his/her supervisor all required project reports as per agreed timelines and work-plan
• Perform any other duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
• A college diploma in health or social welfare related field from a recognized academic institution. Reproductive health and community health services will be an added advantage
• At least three years experience in M&E and/or data management.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience working with the community and/or local community leaders and workers
• Proficiency in both written and oral English and Swahili languages.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit an application letter indicating the position applied for, a detailed copy of their CV and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees by 20th July 2015, to the Human Resource Manager through e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or through P.O. Box 79810 Dar es Salaam or dropped by hand at the MDH Head Office in Mikocheni, along Mwai Kibaki Road, Plot No. 802. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
BONYEZA HAPA KUTUMA MAOMBI ------->
Ngo, Community/Social Development /legal
A college diploma in health or social welfare related field from a recognized academic institution.