Assistant Accountant II (8 posts)
(a) Qualifications and Experience:
• Holder of B.Com (Accounting)/ADA/Professional Level II or its equivalent.
• A minimum of three years relevant working experience.
(b) Main Duties:
• Receives and keeps in proper custody all incoming bills and claims;
• Maintains primary books of accounts;
• Prepares payment requisitions;
• Preparing of journal voucher/batches for various activities;
• Preparing various payment reports, schedules and lists of various expenditures;
• Maintaining vote book and various registers (e.g. debtors, imprest creditors); and
• Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by his/her senior.
(c) Salary Scale: PGSS 10 - 11.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates should apply in confidence enclosing:
(i) Detailed CV.
(ii) Photocopy of relevant certificates and transcripts.
(iii) Names and addresses of two referees.
(iv) Mode of communication, e.g. Telephone, fax, email, etc.
(i) For the positions of Technicians, Laboratory Scientists, Laboratory Engineers and Laboratory Assistants, candidates should indicate the College/ School and Departments to which they apply.
(ii) Applicants currently employed in the Public Service should channel their application letters through their respective employers. Non-disclosure of such status will lead to automatic disqualification.
(iii) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Interested applicants should submit their applications to the following address:
Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration)
University of Dar es Salaam
P.O. Box 35091
DAR ES SALAAM.
Two weeks from the date of first appearance of this advertisement.
28th July, 2015