for employment position of NURSE COUNSELOR. The position holder will be based in Dar Es Salaam and report to Clinical Officer. Below is the job description for the position.
Works in collaboration with the other members of the Drop In Center-DIC (and regional and district authorities) to offer high quality HIV counseling and testing, family planning services, screening and referral for STIs, gender-based violence, TB, alcohol and drug use, linkages and adherence support for HIV care and treatment to clients in their assigned DIC. More specifically, the nurse counsellor will:
· Provide high quality services (group education, individual counseling, HIV counseling and testing, family planning services, screening and referral for STIs, gender-based violence, TB, alcohol and drug use, linkages and adherence support for HIV care and treatment) and other areas as assigned and in accordance with MOHSW guidelines.
· Meet with district officials, community leaders and partners to introduce DIC services.
· Collaborate with the community health promoters, clinical officer and others to initiate and/or participate in demand creation in targeted communities.
· Identify opportunities for the program to increase demand, efficiency and quality of program delivery.
· Participate in the collection and reporting of M&E data, as required by the program.
· Participate in the setupof DIC services and management of commodities, and other logistics required to provide services.
· Other duties related to providing DIC services, as required.
· Develop and maintain excellent relationships with colleagues and local officials.
· Stay current in knowledge in the field of HIV in general.
· Must be a licensed nurse in good standing.
· Experience working with populations at high risk for HIV, conducting voluntary HIV Councelling and testing (VCT) and/or in provider initiated counseling and testing (PITC), and family planning services, desirable.
· Experience establishing linkages from HIV testing and counseling to HIV care and treatment services.
· Must be willing to be based in assigned DIC. Must be willing to work off and unusual hours.
· Must be physically fit to assist with set up of DIC services.
· Must demonstrate self-management (i.e. motivation, dealing with pressure, adaptability)
· Must be highly flexible to accept dual roles and extra tasks as assigned by the DIC management or clinical officer as a supervisor.
· Additional experience with providing GBV services is desirable.