INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY/COMMUNICATION OFFICER
Company: Corporate Information Systems Tanzania (CISTz)
Ref No: TR/HEQ/VACICT-54/2016
Job Title: Information technology/communication officer
Work Type: Permanent
Job Location: Morogoro and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Position Type: Full Time
Job Shift: Day
Duties & Responsibilities
In essence, IT Officer is responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the company Head Office and
Branch computer systems and ensuring users get maximum benefits from them.
The main responsibilities are:
• Installing and configuring computer hardware, operating systems and applications;
• Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks;
• Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware and software faults;
• Replacing parts as required;
• Providing support, including procedural documentation;
• Following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system; Supporting the roll-out of new applications;
• Setting up new users’ accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues;
• Working continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate);
• Ensuring the security of the server, data and software.
Other tasks and responsibilities that will enable the fulfillment of the above noted responsibilities include:
• Managing the inverters/online UPS, computers, databases, printers and other IT equipment as required;
• Implementing a reliable and efficient backup system;
• Ensuring the maintenance of the MSQL database and network, hardware as well as software;
• Managing the Microsoft Windows NT/2000 or Server 2000 network by verifying the usage of functions (groups and users) and understanding the network security;
• Supporting Branches with computer operations;
• Connecting new Branches to the network;
• Developing a communication system between the personnel of the Branches and Head Office;
• Training and follow-up of employees and trainees;
• Keeping the inventory of the computer equipment up-to-date at the Branches and Head Office;
• Purchasing and ensuring effective repair and maintenance of all IT equipment and peripherals;
• Ensuring regular updating of antivirus programs and operating systems;
• Defragmenting computer disks;
• Deleting irrelevant information from computers;
• Installing computer applications required by the company employees.
Holders of BSc. Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent qualification from recognized university/institution
When to Start: Immediate commencement for the successful candidate.
Are you Qualified & Interested with this Vacancy?
How to Apply:
Please send us only application letter & CV to email@example.com only short listed candidate will be notified for the interview. Deadline for the application is 9th March, 2016. Your application should indicate Job title or reference number for the post you are applying for.
Canvassing will lead to disqualification.