The ‘Institute of African Leadership for Sustainable Development’, also known as the ‘UONGOZI Institute’, seeks to support African leaders to excel in their role of transforming society to realise Africa’s development in a sustainable manner. UONGOZI
Institute has a vision of seeing a prosperous and equitable Africa through effective leadership for sustainable development. As part of this effort, the Institute offers executive education and other capacity development activities to current leaders with an important role in society’s development, as well as emerging leaders, those with the potential to make a positive contribution to sustainable development in Africa.
Finance and Administration Department plays a vital role in making sure that UI’s planned activities are run and implemented smoothly by making sure funds availability, timely preparation of financial transactions, timely preparation of budget implementation report and giving other necessary support.
The Finance intern will assist the Finance team in the day-to-day operations of the department. He /She will work closely with UI’s Finance Officer who will supervise him/her.
The intern will be mainly responsible for assisting in maintaining efficient and accurate accounting functions of the Finance Department.
Major Activities/Specific Assignment
· Preparation of payment vouchers and writing of the cheques
· Updating Cashbook
· Filing of Finance documents (receipts, vouchers etc.) and ensure accurate record keeping
· Assist in review and verification of staff imprest retirements
· Other assignment as given by Director of Finance and Administration.
Qualifications of the Finance Intern
· Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
· The ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
· Proficiency in Excel
· Is capable of multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
The Finance Intern will be provided with an initial three months contract, which will be renewable upon his /her performance.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit their applications via firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject line "Finance Intern". The application should include:
· A Curriculum Vitae (CV) with email and phone details
· An application letter talking about your skills and why you would like to intern at UONGOZI Institute
· Contact details for three referees.
· Scanned/certified copies of certificates.
Your application must be received by 31st March, 2016.
We regret that we will not be able to contact unsuccessful applicants.