ADVERTISEMENT FOR VACANCY.
THPS is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 as part of partnership framework implementation plan between the USG and the Government of Tanzania which calls for an uninterrupted transition of PEPFAR funded HIV and AIDS programs into local entities. THPS works in partnership with the Ministries of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children and Regional Administration and local government (PMORALG) with a goal of ensuring accessible high quality health care services to Tanzania's through establishment and strengthening of comprehensive family focused HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care and Treatment services in Pwani, Kigoma, Mtwara regions and Zanzibar. This is a continuation of the PEPFAR funded broader US Government HIV/AIDS initiatives through Centre for Disease Control Tanzania (CDC) in Tanzania.
As CDC prime awardee; THPS is currently seeking committed and motivated Tanzanians to fill in the following positions.
Position title: Procurement & Logistics Manager
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam
Job Summary: To provide support to the organization by ensuring effective procurement systems through monitoring the purchasing processes and ensure timely delivery of items to intended recipients. Assist THPS in the implementation of quality procurement services.
· Maintain an up-to-'date knowledge of the supply market for all THPS supplies and services
· Liaise with technical team to establish technical specifications of items for supplies to be ordered
· Process and obtain relevant approvals for materials to be purchased in line with the existing requirements and protocols
· Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key suppliers to ensure ongoing quality and reliability of supply
· Provide advice on procurement issues with best practices in line with the public procurement procedures and protocols
· Responsible for the planning, support and implementation of an efficient logistics and supply chain management system for the organization in accordance with the program requirements.
· Take the lead/responsibility in the tracking, regular monitoring and optimal stocking of the required program materials at supported sites including laboratory reagents, drugs and other consumables across organization's supported sites`.
· Inventory analysis of the pharmacy stock using appropriate and applicable monitoring tools, spread sheets and databases.
· Management of data essential to make available an accurate forecast for procurement at regular intervals
· Ensuring monitoring and tracking of pharmaceutical products across organizations supported sites
· Serve as in-house resources person to provide guidance on logistics issues
· Prepare and process the local purchase orders and ensure that orders are delivered to suppliers on time
· Maintain and update the asset register on regular basis by ensuring that all new procured materials are being recorded
· Coordinate shipping of procured items to THPS regional offices
· Ensure THPS regional stores are coordinated and shipped items are dispatched to the sites.
· Working closely with Storekeeper Officer to ensure all items are received and recorded in the store book ledgers before being issued
· Conduct performance reviews with suppliers, measuring against required performance standards and market prices of various material procured by THPS
· Ensure the highest standards of probity are maintained in all purchasing activities
· Provide information to administrative assistant / receptionist when the procured items arrive from supplies
· Liaise closely with the site staff to ensure that they are satisfied with the service and quality of items from supplies as per specified standards in the LPPs
· Perform any other duty as may be assigned from time to time by suppliers.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required:
· Holder of a degree in Procurement from a reputable University
· Addition Procurement Qualification(SPSP) certified by PSPTB (Procurement and Supplies Professions and Technicians Board)
· At least three years experience at similar position
· Ability to work under difficult conditions with minimum supervision
· Must demonstrate high level of integrity & professionalism
· Must be able to deal effectively & timely with demanding and changing situations
· Basic computer skills with minimum of Microsoft word, power point and excel
Position title: Internal Compliance Manager
Reports to: Executive Director & Finance /Audit Committee Chair
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam
Job Summary: The Internal Compliance Manager is responsible for the quality and performance of internal compliances for both financial and operations at THPS by providing the Executive Director (ED) and the Finance/Audit Committee with an opinion on the overall adequacy and effectiveness of THPS arrangements for governance, risk management and control.
Internal compliance function is a key part of the governance and assurance arrangements within THPS. Its prime objective is to provide the ED and the Finance/Audit Committee, in an economical, efficient and timely manner, with an objective evaluation of, and opinion on, the overall adequacy and effectiveness of THPS' governance, risk management and control arrangements. The internal compliance managers’ function will be free from interference in determining the scope of an internal compliance assignment, performing the work and communicating the results of compliance work . The Compliance Manager will have free and unfettered access to both the ED and Finance/Audit CommitteeChair in order to operate independently and
objectively . His/her performance appraisal will be done by the ED, advised bythe Finance/Audit Committee Chair, to avoid undue influence in the effective conduct of this work
• The Internal Compliance Manager will advise the ED of the risks to which the Organization may be exposed if the scope of compliance check is limited or qualified in any way.
• Manage THPS’ Internal compliance function, including oversight of THPS’ external co-sourcing partner relationships that are required to provide and deliver the assurance framework.
• Develop and maintain an Internal control Strategy and Annual compliance check Plan designed to provide an evidence-based opinion aligned to the risk profile of THPS. The plan should outline the resources and skills required to meet the assurance needs of the ED, the Trustees and Audit Committee in a focused, high quality and cost effective manner.
• Establish relevant policies and procedures to guide the internal compliance work and provide support to introduce the internal controls into line manager responsibilities.
• Undertake and deliver to a high quality assignments included in the Strategy and Plan.
• Provide consultancy support, where appropriate, without taking on managements’ responsibility.
• Contribute to ensuring that financial controls and other assurance processes and activities are appropriate and robust throughout THPS.
• Work closely with Finance Managers and Chief Operations Officer to identify and address key control issues and capacity gaps through assurance processes.
• Undertake specific compliance and assurance reviews as and when necessary to address significant assurance concerns e.g. special reviews, investigations.
• Provide technical direction in finance systems development to ensure appropriate governance and control are built into key processes from the start.
• Work with the management team to raise awareness of risk management within THPS.
Note: The responsibilities are not meant to be an exhaustive list of tasks. The need for flexibility is required and the job holder is expected to carry out any other related duties that are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed
Qualifications, Experience Skills required:
- Degree in Finance / Bcom, a CPA (T), qualified professional member of NBAA
- MBA will be an added advantage
- Significant experience working in an internal audit department as a senior auditor / audit manager, assistant manager or Chief Internal Auditor..
- The Compliance Manager will require strong internal compliance experience with the personal impact, strategic capability and influencing skills to play a prominent role in provision of assurance to the ED and Audit Committee.
· A successful track record in internal compliance management and participation in the
formulation of Internal compliance objectives, policies and strategies.
· A successful track record of influencing, giving professional advice to and building effective and productive working relationships with senior managers, and those engaged in managing risks and other assurance providers.
· A successful track record in internal compliance planning, quality and performance management.
· The ability to develop and implement the internal compliance strategy and plan, compatible with the corporate vision and strategy, and to undertake a vital role in the governance arrangements.
· The ability to provide professional, independent advice confidently, and propose recommendations on how to address control weaknesses efficiently and effectively;
· The ability to handle competing priorities and a challenging workload.
· An understanding of the charity/not-for-profit environment and accountability.
· Familiarity with program and project management including program and project audit.
· Willingness to continuously develop skills and knowledge to remain current with internal compliance practice.
Position title: Sub Grants Officer,
Reports to: Sub Grants Manager,
Location: Mtwara regional office with frequent field travel of up to 75%
Job Summary: The Sub Grants officer will be responsible to focus on all issues related to sub awardee efficient management of THPS funds and to monitor the financial and administrative systems for proper utilization of such funds. S/He will work with R/CHMTs and other THPS sub grantees in building their capacity towards compliance and efficiency in managing donor funds including timely reporting. Under the leadership of the subs manager he will facilitate and coordinate the subs budgeting process and provide ongoing feedback to the THPS on the implementation of the subs work plans. The job entails frequent field travel of up to 75%Tanzania.
- Assist in assessing the financial and administrative requirement for the sub awardees.
- Adapt administrative and financial policies and procedures for the sub awardees which includes ; manuals, user guides and templates to be compliant with donor and THPS requirements
- Provide training and technical support to sub awardees staff to improve administrative and financial systems by using THPS management tools and general management of fund procedures.
- Ensure consistent application of THPS financial and administrative policies/standards, as well as donor, and THPS rules and regulations
- Act as resource person for tracking and monitoring systems, reporting policies and procedures to sub awardees
- Ensure that sub awardees provide their reports accurately and on time
- Monitoring of sub awardees invoices and advances from THPS
- Monitor the need for external audits of sub awardees, and manage the audit as needed
- Coordinate with THPS finance staff and field finance managers to correct sub awardees account errors and improve systems
- Train new sub awardees staff on matters related with financial management and perform project financial review
- Assist in provision of procedures for sub awardees closing by making sure that all steps and regulations are followed properly
- Supervise and train the Sub award Finance Staff in donor rules and regulations and the Financial Reporting.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required:
· Bachelors degree or equivalent in Accountancy, Finance or related subjects from a recognized institution
· CPA, ACCA or other equivalent professional certification will be an added advantage
· At least four years experience at similar position
- Ability to work under difficult conditions with minimum supervision
- Must demonstrate high level of integrity & professionalism
- Must be able to deal effectively & timely with demanding and changing situations
- Basic computer skills with minimum of Microsoft word, power point and excel
How to apply:
Interested applicants should apply through THPS website(www.thps.or.tz) using vacancy link located under career opportunities, attaching their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum by April 8th 2016 with a subject line for example: Procurement & Logistics Manager, Internal Compliance Manager or Sub Grants Officer Mtwara. Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women and people living with HIV/AIDS are encouraged to apply.