The School of St Jude is a charity funded schoolthat provides a FREE, high-quality education to more than 1,900 primary and secondary children from the poorest communities in Arusha.
We are currently seeking applications from creative and enthusiastic development specialists to fill the position above based in Arusha, Tanzania.
As the Development Specialist for the US Market you work as part of the Marketing team to identify prospects, develop strategies and solicit major gifts at the $25,000+ level. You will also have the opportunity to develop and execute a plan to grow the St Jude’s brand in the United States..
- Identify potential major gift and grant sources and work with the Supporter Relations Manager, the American Friends Board and Senior Leadership to secure funding for the school
- Friends Board and Senior Leadership to secure funding for the school
- Plan US promotional tour including booking travel, securing events, supporting correspondence and providing PR support (includes travel to US with Visitor Coordinator or student)
- Identify opportunities and deliver strategies to build the St Jude’s brand in the United States
- Identify opportunities and deliver strategies to build the school’s supporter and donor base in the United States
- Assist the marketing team with the refinement of communication and marketing activity with US donors and supporters
- Work with the Visitor Department and meet in person with visitors from the United States
- Assist with administrative tasks that support St Jude’s presence and supporter experience in the United States
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes:
- Bachelors qualification in relevant field such as Marketing, Communications, International Relations.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in fundraising and marketing
- Leading relationship building skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Energetic, dedicated and self-driven personality
A minimum commitment of 24 months is expected.
St Jude's pays a comfortable monthly living allowance, which is enough to live on but not enough to fund travel around Africa. St Jude's also assists with accommodation. For further information regarding working at The School of St Jude please visit our FAQ page or email our HR department.
Interested Candidates for this job are kindly requested to send their CV and portfolio accompanied by a cover letter to email@example.com. Applications should be sent by 18th April, 2016 with the reference number SOSJ/HR/MRKTN/002/16 in the subject line.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED!