Njombe Development Office (NDO) requires the services of a qualified person to fill up the position of Business Development Officer
Responsible for coordinating all entrepreneurship, market development and finance activities as well as establishing/promoting linkages with private sector companies in Tanzania under the guidance of the technical staff from CRS and partner Project Coordinator. Responsible for coordinating the development of sustainable farmer organizations.
• Provide/facilitate capacity development training and support to project staff and community volunteers to effectively mobilize and deliver organizational and business development services to farmers (i.e. farmer mobilization, organizational development, business planning, market and information linkages, and financial services).
• In collaboration with CRS Marketing and Financing Manager and Partner Project Coordinator, identify key market players and facilitate linkage to farmers
• Ensure there is up to date information about market for soybean and access to markets
• Participate in developing business plans and training program, and conduct training to farmer groups and individual farmers
• Coordinate linkage to service providers to deliver services and trainings to farmers such as financial literacy trainings, agriculture loans, and inputs.
• Work with Field Extension officers and partner project coordinator to train the groups on business planning and develop bankable-business plans for farmer groups and individual farmers
• Conduct monthly periodic reviews to ensure that all business plans are adhered to and the entrepreneurial capacity of farmers is enhanced
• With support from CRS technical leads and partner project coordinator develop a sustainable marketing structure to enhance market access
• In collaboration with CRS Marketing and Financing Manager and partner Project Coordinator, develop linkages with other actors in the value chain and create partnerships to benefit farmers' business enterprises
• Ensure timely data collection on marketing, finance and business development service activities and compile monthly and quarterly reports
• Ensure that project implementation plan, quarterly reports and documents for M & E are up to date.
• A degree in Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics, or any other relevant qualification from a recognized university
• At least 5 years work experience in community mobilization, organizing and training farmers in agribusiness development and marketing
• Knowledge and experience in participatory training methodologies
• Networking experience with private sector and other stakeholders
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Swahili
• Proficiency in computer use - Microsoft Word and Excel
An attractive salary package will be given
Job base location: Njombe
This is a full time job
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:Njombe Development office,
P.O. Box 54