TANZANIA MIDWIVES ASSOCIATION (TAMA)- Gender and Respective Maternity Care(RMC) Project Officer Vacancy
TAMA Vacancy Advertisement
Gender and RMC Project Officer
The Tanzania Midwives Association (TAMA) is a non –governmental, autonomous, professional Association, registered on 8th October, 1992(registration number SO 7714) with a membership of more than 4000, TAMA has established branches in all 26 Regions of the country. TAMA’s vision is that every child-bearing woman in Tanzania has access to a Midwife’s care for herself and her newborn. Our mission is to strengthen Midwives and the profession of Midwifery in Tanzania, by advocating for competent midwives as the most appropriate caregivers for childbearing women - supporting normal birth, and enhancing the health of women, newborns and families. TAMA collaborate with Jhpiego and other stakeholders to implement the Gender and Respective and Maternity Care (RMC) in response to implement the Maternal Child Survival Program (MCSP). This project will be implemented in Mara and Kagera regions
TAMA is now seeking a skilled and highly motivated Project Officer to join its team.
The Officer's primary responsibilities include:
1. Support training and clinical mentorship in EmONC, PPFP, RMC, ANC/PNC with main focus on RMC during service provision and other high impact interventions in the target regions of Kagera and Mara
2. Facilitate dissemination of the Midwifery Scope of Practice through mentorship of midwives, use of media and other communication initiatives
3. Support and coordinate operationalization of the project in Kagera and Mara regions
4. Advocate and promote midwifery profession at pre-service nurse-midwifery schools in Mara and Kagera Regions
5. Promote and train 22 selected members on Gender and Respective Maternity Care (RMC)
6. Support midwife mentors to identify and find solutions to any challenges in delivering the mentoring program
7. Work with other stakeholders to ensure synergy with other actors aimed at address maternal, neonatal and infant mortality.
8. Lead program reviews to ensure delivery according to plan and budget
9. Support Monitoring and evaluation activities including data collection, analysis and reporting.
10. Lead, planning and execution of all program training
11. Document the implementation of Gender and RMC project supported interventions and support the team in the preparation of donor reports
12. Organize and support logistics for field work
13. Provide strategic guidance and technical assistance to the team and stakeholders
14. Organize and support logistics for field work
· Commitment to TAMA’s mission
· Degree in Midwifery or Nurse/Midwife with additional qualification in public health epidemiology or related field
The position is based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania (with frequent field visit)
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter clearly stating why you should be considered for the position and how you will add value to the programme. With the letter, concise curriculum vitae indicating names and addresses of two referees. To be considered your application must be received by Friday April 4th 2016.
All correspondences should be directed to Email:email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org or send through General Secretary, Tanzania Midwives Association (TAMA) , P.O.Box 65524, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
TAMA regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted