Source: Daily News 10th March, 2016
NATIONAL EXAMINATIONS COUNCIL OF TANZANIA (NECTA)
The National Examinations Council of Tanzania (NECTA) is a Government Agency which is under the Ministry of Education, Science, Technology and vocational. NECTA was established by the parliamentary Act No.21 of 1973 to undertake the responsibility of administration of National Assessments/Examinations and other functions as provided for in the Act. The aim of NECTA is to contribute to National development through a fair, efficient and effective National Examinations and Educational Assessment system that provides high quality stakeholders service through competent and motivated staff.
NECTA invites applications from Tanzanians who are suitably qualified dynamic and results oriented to fill the following vacancies.
Job Title: Examinations Officer II (1 post)
• Holder of Bachelor of Science with Education majoring in Chemistry from a recognized Institution and must be computer literate and fluent in English and Kiswahili.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinates setting and moderation of examinations items and marking schemes.
• Typeset examination papers and marking schemes.
• Proofreading question papers, marking schemes and various reports related to examinations.
• Updates inventory of examiners.
• Compiles lists of examiners for various examinations.
• Supervises marking of examination papers.
• Compiles estimations of materials required at marking centres.
• Carries out post facto analysis of subjects examined by NECTA for the purpose of providing feedback to schools and other stakeholders.
• Compiles lists of candidates who appeal against the National Examinations results.
• Performs any other duties relevant to the functions of NECTA as assigned by his/her superiors.
Salary for each post and other incentives will be offered based on NECTA`s salary scales.
Mode of Application
Employ applicants should channel their application letters through their employers. Properly word-processed CVs, names and contact addresses of three referees, and copies of all academic certificates and transcripts must be attached. A recent passport size photograph of the applicant must be affixed on the top centre of the application letter. Applicants should provide their complete contact address, including telephone numbers and e-mail addresses. Applications should be sent to the following address before 08th April, 2016 at 3:30pm.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
The Executive Secretary
National Examinations Council of Tanzania
DAR ES SALAAM
Tel: +255 22 2700493/6 Fax: +255 22 277596
Please note: Submission of forged or unlawfully possessed certificates including cheating of whatever nature will be strictly dealt with according to the provisions of the laws.