American International Health Alliance
Tanzania Nursing Initiative Program Manager
Tanzania Nursing Initiative Program Manager
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
AIHA/Tanzania Country Director
Reporting to the AIHA/Tanzania Country Director, the Tanzania Nursing Initiative (TNI) Program
Manager will oversee and manage the AIHA Nursing portfolio of partnerships and programs in the
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania office. The TNI Program Manager will work in close collaboration with AIHA/Tanzania and AIHA/HQ staff, partners, stakeholders, USG funding agencies, and the Government of Tanzania (GoT).
• Manage and oversee implementation of AIHA nursing programs to ensure implementation of program activities per agreed upon workplan
• Coordinate and plan US partner exchanges; organize and facilitate AIHA nursing partner meetings and activities
• Collaborate and engage with MOHCDGEC, USG and other relevant stakeholders
• Manage AIHA Nursing budget(s); assist in developing and monitoring budgets and forecasting costs
• Provide advice on relevant global and national HIV/AIDS nursing priorities to partners and stakeholders
• Manage and facilitate programmatic evidence-based HIV/AIDS approaches to ensure program deliverables are met
• Manage and facilitate consistent evidence-based Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) approaches to ensure relevant program deliverables are met
Monitoring and Evaluation
• Provide support and assistance to AIHA nursing partners to develop and submit timely:
o AIHA and partnership annual workplans, as well as quarterly reports o USG funder reporting requirements
o Coordinate and participate in SIMS and other USG requirements as needed
• Document outcomes, successes, special activities
• Assist with tracking annual PEPFAR 3.0 targets down to the site level as required
• Provide oversight and advise to ensure that TNI partners are reporting to national data bases
• Coordinate and monitor human resource production, deployment, and recruitment data
• Support TNI partners to develop and use electronic resources, websites, and databases
• Coordinate with AIHA/Tanzania staff and TNI partners to develop nursing publications and research opportunities
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Education and Experience
• MSN in Nursing with a minimum of three (3) years’ work experience in nursing, or BSN in Nursing with at least (5) years’ work experience in nursing, experience with Tanzania nursing regulation and policies strongly preferred.
• Financial management experience, particularly with regard to budgeting and forecasting
• Possess strong knowledge of Tanzania public health structures and GoT management structures particularly in relation to nursing, HRH/HSS, and HIV/AIDS National policies and initiatives.
• Extensive knowledge of, or experience, in program management and support procedures Possess knowledge of:
o GoT HIV/AIDS and HSS/HRH priorities and policies and donor trends o Nursing policy and regulatory frameworks in Tanzania and preferably, globally
• Strong understanding of nursing education competencies including HIV/AIDS, PMTCT, GBV/VAC, and Key Populations.
• Solid understanding of site level HIV/AIDS continuum of care delivery models in Tanzania.
• Proven ability to implement multidimensional projects
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast –paced environment, set priorities, works independently and in a team environment.
• Must be very dependable and detailed oriented
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to develop and maintain close relationships with various stakeholders
• Self-starter with strong multi-tasking and problem solving skills
• Ability to travel within Tanzania
• Proficiency in English and Kiswahili
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office/Windows
Qualified candidates please e-mail cover letter and resume in English and references to:
firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Closing date for applications is Friday, April 08, 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Compensation Package: The organization will compensate the successful candidate at a level that is consistent with the area’s leading non‐profit organizations and commensurate with the candidate’s experience and skills. The benefits package, which includes, social security contributions, medical insurance coverage, life assurance, staff professional development plans, and employments rights like annual leave, etc... are nationally competitive.
AIHA is an equal opportunity employer. Women are encouraged to apply.