YETU Mcrofinance PLC with branches in Mbagala and Mzizima in Dar es salaam, Mngeta in Morogoro and three agencies namely Zanzibar, Kilwa and Ifakara seeks to recruit suitable candidates for the following positions
2. BRANCH ACCOUNTANT (2 POSTS)
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• Holder of Advanced Diploma or Degree in Accountancy
• At least 2 years of practical experience
• Knowledge in computer programs is essential
• Knowledge and application of Bankers’ Realm, PASTEL or any other accounting software will be an added advantage
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintains accounting records by making copies; filing documents.
• Reconciles bank statements by comparing statements with general ledger.
• Maintains accounting databases by entering data into the computer; processing backups.
• Verifies financial reports by running performance analysis software program
• Protects company’s value by keeping information confidential.
• Accomplishes accounting and company’s mission by completing related results as needed.
• Book keeping and primary accounting records and petty cash imprest management;
• Filing and coding of all vouchers/documents as per chart of accounts, including proper verification of receipts and payments to ensure accuracy of information;
• Ensuring proper classification of transactions of income and expenses, and must check on all entries entered in the system; to ascertain their genuineness, accuracy and who authorized them;
• Preparing of monthly and yearly reports of all Income and Expenditure results, trial balance extraction, bank reconciliation and income statements;
• Participating in external and internal audit matters;
• Meeting reporting requirements (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually) for both external and internal users;
• Monitoring the minimum and maximum cash levels on a day to day basis and;
• Handling any treasury related activities, and provide technical support in accounting for treasury related instruments and any other accounting requirements as deemed necessary.
MODE OF APPLICATION
All letters of application accompanied with relevant copies of certificates, CV, and at least three referees addressed to the undersigned to reach her not later than 10th July, 2015.
Human Resource Officer,
YETU Microfinance PLC,
DAR ES SALAAM.